Sign in to follow this  

Fuel Screw Cap

Whats the best way to remove the cap that covers the fuels screw on the ttr 125 carb. The damn thing wont idle again:banghead:

Every time this happens I just clean the carb and the jets and this always solved the problem. By the way I just ordered a 17.5 jet and a 110 main maybe this will solve the problem but im still going to have to access the fuel screw eventually.

I hate the TTR-125 carb:moon:

I go ride my kdx200 instead.

You have to drill it out. Take a drill bit just smaller than the diameter of the plug and slowly drill through the center. Usually just as it breaks through it will hang and you can just pull the plug out with the bit. If you do drill all the way through just screw in a wood screw and pry it out with pliers.

Rusty you may want to do the airbox mod, air filter, and some minor diy exhaust mods while you are at it. You need more air flow to get it all right but it needs to be both at intake and exhaust. See sticky at the home page of this forum.

ovrrdrive is right. I just did this yesterday works great. i used a smaller bit and it actually stared spinning before it went through. i thought it was wierd, stock setting was at 1/4 turn from seated.

ovrrdrive is right. I just did this yesterday works great. i used a smaller bit and it actually stared spinning before it went through. i thought it was wierd, stock setting was at 1/4 turn from seated.

Yeah I just drilled the plug out today and the screw was 2 turns out. By the way I already did the air box mod Em just waiting on the new jets.