shifting gear problem with boots

i recently started getting back into trail riding and enduro on my klx250s.

I have started finding that i either miss gears, or hit neutral with my boots because the way they fit under the leaver.

when its normal my foot seems to have to bend at more a angle to get under it, and when i raise the angle of leaver it seems to be to high and still get same problem missing gears.

anyone have any tips, advice, or know anything.

my boots are my tech 3's which ahve served me well over the years it just a new bike and feels so different to my old xr

i recently started getting back into trail riding and enduro on my klx250s.

I have started finding that i either miss gears, or hit neutral with my boots because the way they fit under the leaver.

when its normal my foot seems to have to bend at more a angle to get under it, and when i raise the angle of leaver it seems to be to high and still get same problem missing gears.

anyone have any tips, advice, or know anything.

my boots are my tech 3's which ahve served me well over the years it just a new bike and feels so different to my old xr

I'd say leave the shifter up slightly and you will get used to it. I have big feet and had to move my shifter up a notch because I kept accidentally down shifting. After moving it up I was, like you, missing gearing. After a while I got adjusted and everything's fine now.

Raise your foot lever up a notch. Thats what I did. Then it's all about getting used to the boots. I started riding after been off a bike for 20 yrs. I 1st bought a pair of the Thor 50/50 boot which is a mid boot. They suck for MX riding unless your on a pit bike. Now I'm wearing Thor Quadrents. Toe area is a little big and took me about 4 rides to get used to shifting with them. So yeah, try raising your lever about an inch higher the the peg.