Sign in to follow this  

Can anyone help me?

I have a friend's 4wheeler that I'm working on and it was home made. It is a old suzuki quad chassis and has a 4stroke suzuki 500 motor in it. My question is what year is this motor? I need to order the rubber boot from the carb to the jug. All the motor has on it is the head has 498cm3 on it and the case has sp500-105494 on it. So does anyone know maybe what year this thing is? He cann't ask who he bought it from cause they are not around any longer. I can post pictures if it might help.

I have a friend's 4wheeler that I'm working on and it was home made. It is a old suzuki quad chassis and has a 4stroke suzuki 500 motor in it. My question is what year is this motor? I need to order the rubber boot from the carb to the jug. All the motor has on it is the head has 498cm3 on it and the case has sp500-105494 on it. So does anyone know maybe what year this thing is? He cann't ask who he bought it from cause they are not around any longer. I can post pictures if it might help.

Likely an 81 or 82. Any Suzuki dealer can tell you the exact year model from the engine numbers. 👍

Thanks mx rob but when I go to the parts look up suzuki does not list a 500 in those years. Maybe I will try our local dealer and see what they say.

Thanks mx rob but when I go to the parts look up suzuki does not list a 500 in those years. Maybe I will try our local dealer and see what they say.

Yeah, they are called DR500's.....