Sign in to follow this  

Decompression device?

On the verge of ordering a G2Moto 160. Kinda concerned about the effort to kick it over. That kickstart lever looks a little short for such a "big" motor. Is the installation of a decomp device popular when buying a bike with this size of motor? I would suspect that if I were to upgrade the motor with performance goodies in the future that the decomp will come in handy then. Advice on this subject would be appreciated. I have a daughter that would be the primary rider of this bike, hence the concern. Thanx...

The 160 isn't to hard to kick but it might be a little tough for your daughter. I have tried the decomp that is cable operated and replaces the exhaust valve cover. It is hard to get it set up just right but it does work. I saw pitster has a new type available now. You will need it if you go big bore. Both of them are kind of expensive.

Thanx for the info regarding the decomp device. I kinda like that FRD EZ-D product. It would allow me to transfer it to another head when that time comes.

We use the one that goes around the spark plug. I got them from t-Bolt. It is a must have and well worth the money. I broke one case already before buying one. Makes starting much easier. I use one on a highly modified 160 and one on a pretty bone stock 140 ( both gpx pitsters ).