Sign in to follow this  

2010 owners....

I have a few questions for the 2010 owners. I am considering purchasing one, coming from an RMZ. I am most concerned with reliability and handling, which the new YZF seems to be at the top of the class in both catagories. my only hang-up is the motor. is it really that slow? i know my bike (07-09 RMZ) also is known for its low-mid power and weak top end. its not a huge issue but i do notice it. i would just hate to spend the money on a new bike and be dissappointed. anyone ever come from the RMZ to the 2010 YZF, to compare (motor and handling)? also, how much did an aftermarket exhaust help the 2010 open up? in general, are you satisfied? discuss....thanks:thumbsup:

RMZ's are slow and very unreliable. They also become really slow after like a year or two racing cause they are all worn out.

The new 2010 YZF's I've heard there motors are stronger but still not on top.

Nothing runs like a new bike.

well my RMZ isnt what i would call slow or unreliable. its been a great bike. it seems to have very similar engine characteristics as the 2010 yzf (which is why i wanted to hear some real-world opinions vs what the mags are saying) i would be willing to bet that the motor is pretty bulletproof on the yzf (by racing 4stroke standards) and that is a very key selling point for me. plus, if it can handle similar to my rmz, then i would be very pleased. thats why i was hoping to hear some input.

all i have is an old 07 yz250f that i really like so i cant give you any input on a 2010 except that i would be wanting to check out the 2010 rmz250 before i made my mind up if it was me...dirtrider gave the 2010 rmz250 some good review props:thumbsup:

Ok sorry I dont have the 2010 but I have a 2008 yz250f and if the 10 is as fast as my 08 you will love it,oh I am 210 pounds and fly on it,Fast B+ rider. Also I went from a honda to the yz250f soley because of reliability. My bike is still on the stock piston and valves and I have 129 hours. I am only now probably next week putting in a new piston.

Hands down the 2010 handles better then the 06-09 models, it actually provides some front end feedback and carves up tighter turns. The motor feels about the same as previous years, my friends both have 10's also and one is running the full FMF 4.1 with powerbomb while the other guys spent big bucks on the Akrapovic evolution system. Riding the bikes back to back vs stock the exhausts do make a difference in top end power, they pull much harder into the high revs instead of falling off. The motors are bullet proof with the proper care, see if you can get someone to let you ride their 10 - I think you will be impressed.

• Like 1