Antique Husky 1981 WR250 - value?

Hello,

I have a 1981 Husky WR250 - Dick Burleson edition that I want to sell. I hear this may be a collector's bike. Does anyone have any idea what it is worth?

Stats:

- Runs great

- Odometer stopped working @ 2200 miles (I have ridden it an additional 200 miles on state trails in Baldwin, MI)

- All original parts

- I have owner's manual with carbureator settings

- I also have 1981 equipment catalog and hard copy of 1981 Michigan trail maps, and some other extras.

Thoughts?

like anything,,depends on originality, and shape, if its beat up, and been rode hard? 250.00 to 400.00

if its clean, and has original fenders, lights tank ect..a bit more..

its not an antique, or even a vintage bike,..pre 74 for vintage, and pre 1960 for antique, however, post vintage would be a better discription.

the 250,s werent Dick burelson replicas, the 430,s were,

the last 2 real nice one owner 250WR,s both 82,s one has 420 miles the other just under 1000 miles, i paid around 750.00 each,

with respect the prices, the super clean bike didnt run,,and had no spark,,easy fix, and the second bike, was missing the original rear fender and tail light, again easy fix.

being titled helps in value, ect...

seems the CR,s are fetching a bit more for the vintage MXrs..personally i retired from the MX thing and have started with the older twin shock enduros...

ebay is a great place to sell, if you want to box it and ship it,,,dont waste your time, if your not welling to crate and ship.

with respect the prices, the super clean bike didnt run,,and had no spark,,easy fix, and the second bike, was missing the original rear fender and tail light, again easy fix.

Thanks for the feedback huskychuck (although I wish it was worth more)! This bike runs great and has all original parts intact. The only thing I removed is the spark arrester in the back, cause it gets clogged easily with carbon.

I think I'll post it on ebay with a limit and see how it fares -- I'd provide you with pics, but I don't know how to imbed them in these forums.

It's easy.....on the message box where you type.... there is a button to insert a pic. Now if you have your pic anywhere on the internet....photobucket, facebook, etc.... you just right click the picture and copy image url.....then paste into the insert image link i mentioned.

Not working for me. You have to log in to face book to view. I don't have a account so I guess I can't look at your pictures of the bike. I always use photobucket and embed the pictures right in the post. That way everyone can see them right here on TT.

what they are worth, and what they fetch,,usually are 2 different things...Fleabay is great if your welling to crate it, and ship it..

its a pain, but worth the work and effort..just set yourself up some trucking companies, before you start the auction..