Will this dent affect performance?

bikepose.jpg

you can zoom up if you go here http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv122/rsickmond/cr%20125/bikepose.jpg i've got 3 major dents in the pipe.

I race this bike and my pro circuit pipe is all sorts of dented up... The only thing I noticed about the dents is when the punch of the powerband kicked in. Each large dent that added to the expansion chamber caused the powerband to become more violent. I still race this bike, and it still beats the newer bikes that are in excellent shape.

don't worry about your little dents. Not even worth replacing the pipe for that.

Looks like a REVVVVVVVVV pipe !!!!!!!!!!!

Thats what you gotta do, just revvvvvvvvvv.

Rev it, you just gotta rev that sucka !!!!!!!!

Ride over the triple.

Oh yeah, throw your pipe in the freezer like meyermetal said, then send him the bill for a new pipe cos yours will be split !!!!!!!!!!

that little dent is going to take at least 2 possibly 3 horsepower off your top end.

seriously though, learn to resize your pics brah. 4,000px × 2,248px is a little overkill...

I doubt it takes any hp off the top end and maybe you need to upgrade your dial up internet to load my pics faster

I don't think you are going to see a performance gain if you fix it. And a gallon of water and a freezer will fix that no problem so why send it out and pay to have it fixed.

Thats is good and bad advice. A dent that small probably wont gain enough performance to be noticed by the average rider. The bad advice is to use water on that. Common knowledge will tell you that water to repair 2 stroke pipes commonly leads to them exploding. There's other ways with air and a blow torch

Thats is good and bad advice. A dent that small probably wont gain enough performance to be noticed by the average rider. The bad advice is to use water on that. Common knowledge will tell you that water to repair 2 stroke pipes commonly leads to them exploding. There's other ways with air and a blow torch

Or just run a FMF Gnarly