Need DS tire advice for a complete noob

Hello guys, I have my first dirt bike, an old XR250L. I am old too, 60, so you know I am not going to be racing around. I will be doing at least 50% street riding up to about 60mph, and some gravel road, and what off road I do will be mostly putting down BLM two-tracks and the like, nice and slow. I'm not very concerned with off-road performance but I am very concerned that the tires work well on the street. At my age I don't want any high speed crashes.

What little I've understood from reading, I'm thinking something more like a supermotard tire would be best for me. Does that make sense? Any recommendations will be appreciated. Long-lasting tires are a definite plus.

What's on there now is an old Cheng Shin C-755 3.00-21 tube type up front, and a new Dunlop D952 110/90-18 61M "not for highway use" on the rear. Will these kill me on the road? What is the usual failure mode of non-DOT dirt tires on the road?

OK after reading around some more I ordered some Pirelli MT90 A/T's in 90/90-21 and 120/80-18. Hope that's right. My front rim width is 1.60, and according to some tire size charts I saw, that is a bit skinny for a 90/90. I don't even know if I have stock rims, but I think so.