CBR 600 F4 Breaks down

I have a 1999 CBR 600 F4 that has a good feul pump and also a good feul pump relay. When i just have it running in the driveway and idling it does just fine and will stay running as long as i want it to until i cut it off. But when i take it out to try and ride it I can go through the gears and be running at about 6000 rpms and it will die out a few miles down the road. After quite a few minutes I can get it to crank back up again and it will idle just fine again then die out when i try to ride it. Can anyone be of help?­čĹŹ

Sounds like you have a clogged vent on your gas tank. What's happening sounds like a vacuum is forming in the tank and not allowing enough fuel to move from the tank to refill the carb bowls. The reason it doesn't happen sitting at idle is there's enough air getting to keep up with the small amount of fuel idling requires.

JM

Sounds like you have a clogged vent on your gas tank. What's happening sounds like a vacuum is forming in the tank and not allowing enough fuel to move from the tank to refill the carb bowls. The reason it doesn't happen sitting at idle is there's enough air getting to keep up with the small amount of fuel idling requires.

JM

+1

Next time it dies, open the fuel fill cap and see if it starts right back up. This would be a pretty sure indication of a clogged tank vent.