Anyone riding the Sawmill enduro this weekend here in N. CA?

cow mtn is only muddy if it's raining in my experience. If your weather has been anything like ours, it's probably been raining a fair bit the last few weeks, but should be drying out now. Might be really nice.

I don't think there's any point in a pit crew. You'll have plenty of time when you get to gas to relax and clean your own goggles, eat a sandwich, text your wife, etc....

oh so they give you a break at some point? I rode an isde in idaho city years ago and i remember a 5 minute break at some point. Are you from Idaho or CA? Says idaho, but sounds like you ride in CA too... I grew up there and miss the riding there.

Yes, you get several breaks. The flier sez it's restart format, which is sort of like 4-6 mini time trials. Go as fast as you can until you get to the end of the test, then lollygag to the start of the next test and wait and chat until your minute.

I started riding at cow, middle creek, g-town, f-hill etc... when i worked in sonoma county. I live here in god's country now.

funny you say that... because I call it gods country as well and nobody believes me here. I grew up riding Idaho city, Reynolds creek, rabbit creek, all up around iron mountain by featherville, little gems, etc. Hell, even 2 minutes out of downtown boise up 8th street has great riding ... just cant beat it with all the different places and no people. Im heading down end of month to ride...and cant wait. CA is infested with riders everywhere due to so little of areas and places are getting pressure to shut down. i'm hoping to move back home soon.

I might ride it to help get in shape for the SHASTA national the next week.. It should be pretty nice.. Some mud with the rain we have had but I am thinking will be pretty good

What class are you planning on riding? If I go, I'll be riding the B's... and headin from EDH area so will likely have to leave around 3am? LOL. Dont even know where this place is but hoping its similar to stoneyford since i know its somewhere out in those mountains?

To my knowledge there is no such thing as a pit in an enduro, though unless you can make it ~80mi on a tank you do need to have a dot legal can to give to the gas truck for the gas remote stop.

This is my first time over at cow mountain also, and I'm hoping for no mud too, but it is currently forecast to rain a bit on Sunday. Hope not.

To my knowledge there is no such thing as a pit in an enduro, though unless you can make it ~80mi on a tank you do need to have a dot legal can to give to the gas truck for the gas remote stop.

This is my first time over at cow mountain also, and I'm hoping for no mud too, but it is currently forecast to rain a bit on Sunday. Hope not.

Correct. At the SawMill Enduros that I raced there was no "pit". You put your gas can on the gas truck. About half way through the race you came to a staging area where the gas truck had set out the tanks according to class. Find your gas, fill up, grab a quick bite, and get back on it. I saw some guys that had a plastic bag with a sandwich, powerbar, whathaveyou, attached to their gas so that they had a quick bite when they stopped as well.

I rode cow about two weeks ago and it was awesome. A tiny bit dusty in the high/dry spots but still had puddles and good traction other places. The creek was totally manageable everywhere we rode.

Conditions for the Crosscut family enduro tomorrow should be epic. Rain is forecast with 70% certainty for the Sawmill on Sunday at the moment so conditions will no doubt deteriorate throughout the day. Looking forward to a good time 👍

If you are coming up you're welcome to pit with us: maroon f250 crew w/matching shell. Bikes are a black crf250x and 09 ktm 250. We are on minute 77 and are planning on getting there saturday pm to register and do final race prep.

ya, im up in the air right now... with rain expected and the need for new tires, I'm going to check the weather tomorrow then make a decision on whether to go throw some new rubber on. Chances arent looking good with 80% chance of rain... since Im a p*ssy. LOL.