Sign in to follow this  

Washington have arrived at Odessa

Partly cloudy, dry just two rigs in the camping area. cold standing around but OK on the bike. rode part of the white knuckle course or frostbite, not sure which. mucho silt but very fun.:thumbsup:

Do your rain dance

NO! Those of us stuck West of the mountains don't want it! Good luck:thumbsup:

You are right the race site doesn't open until 6am Friday, but they are camping at the Bike Week site, south of town on hwy 21. You can fine info here on TT http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=881424

you'll see the toy haulers as you come into town. about 6 now. turn in at the blue and white buildings across the street. Wifi is excellent(obviously). can take a turn on the white knuckle obstacle course. still there. the trail into town is right by the obstacle course, follow the arrows and green ribbon. did a recon mission and it's easy speasy.

wooo hooo....leaving now.

Joe

Good call on leaving tonight:thumbsup: The pass is not going to be good tomorrow, up to 2 feet snow by Friday:banghead:

The Washington State Patrol road forecast is noting that there is a chance of snow but not as heavy as some are saying. Have a safe drive and hope to see you there.

Leaving tomorrow at about 1PM. Going to hit the pass so hard and fast in the RV that I'll blow the snow off the road.

Good call on leaving tonight:thumbsup: The pass is not going to be good tomorrow, up to 2 feet snow by Friday:banghead:

Rain,sleet or snow,

Nothing will stop,

Trailmeisterjoe. :thumbsup:

I'll be leaving in the next hour, just looked at the pass cameras, looks like it's going to be a real adventure getting to the other side, traction tires required and chains for anything over 10,000 pounds.:jawdrop::lol: My wife saw the report and said no way was she going over the pass and no way in hell is the RV going up there, still transfering everything from the RV to the truck, looks like it's me and the bike living out of the truck for the next couple of days, oh well, it's Odessa baby! :thumbsup::applause::)

See Ya In The Desert, Eat My Dust :cheers::lol:

O40R

for whoever hasn't left yet, rained all night and windy. the trailer was a rockin. because of the wind.

Keep the weather reports coming...sounds like conditions will be working themselves to perfection by race day on Sunday.:thumbsup:

nice! Trailmeisterjoe, hope to see you there. Flag me down, or stop by if you see me Saturday or Sunday

So are people driving their RV's over the pass with the current conditions? How the heck do you chain one up?

So are people driving their RV's over the pass with the current conditions? How the heck do you chain one up?

Put the chain over the tire, pull forward a little stop, hook together and tighten

drive slow and steady and you'll be fine.

there may be a chain up service at the chain up area that will install them for you, for a fee.:thumbsup:

Blowing and raining pretty strong here in Sandpoint this morning. Must have got hit pretty good last night over there. Well at least we don't have to tackle the pass to get over there. I have some new Gore-tex gear to test, I will probably be glad I brought it along with me this weekend.