Sign in to follow this  

Idaho Danskins seasonal closure extended

No surprise if you look out your window. In my experience, the mtn home ranger district does a very good job of managing this situation. Last year also opened late because of the wet and cold spring, but the year before they opened a few weeks early.

“As current conditions stand, I anticipate the closure could be extended until April 23, or even longer,” Church said. “We will continue to monitor trail conditions on a weekly basis and open the area to motorized travel as soon as conditions allow.”

Here's the press release:

http://fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsinternet/!ut/p/c5/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gjAwhwtDDw9_AI8zPwhQoY6IeDdGCqCPOBqwDLG-AAjgb6fh75uan6BdnZaY6OiooA1tkqlQ!!/dl3/d3/L2dJQSEvUUt3QS9ZQnZ3LzZfMjAwMDAwMDBBODBPSEhWTjBNMDAwMDAwMDA!/?ss=110402&navtype=forestBean&navid=091000000000000&pnavid=null&cid=null&ttype=main&pname=Boise%20National%20Forest%20-%20Home

Thanks for the info Llama.

Just a thought -- but I bet people would still be interested in riding up there and doing some stuff [even if its not our typical event]. Something to think about maybe.

No shock here....can usually gauge the conditions by the snow line in the foothills. It wouldn' hurt my feelings if the work day was pushed back a month....then I might be able to attend!