Sign in to follow this  

2008 crf150f

I am picking up a bone stock 08 150f next weekend.

Were there any stock jetting changes from the 07 to the 08?

I've read several threads that talk about the lean jetting out of the box, which I've found with all of these bikes (we've been through 50's, 70's, 80's, 100's, and now the 150).

I do not intend to do any other modifications to the air box or pipe/silencer, so I'm just looking for any experience and advice from those with similar use.

Not trying to make a race bike out of a trail rider, but I want it to start easy, run strong, and not pop once it gets hot like some of our other little Honda's did.

Thanks Guys.

Greg

--We'll be selling our darn near mint cond. crf 80 if there's any interest.--

No, jetting for all the bikes are the same. I believe it's 92 main and 40 pilot if I can remember correctly. (or 98 main, I know it's one or the other)

EDIT: It is 98 main stock.

Edited by 2007hondacrf150f

Sounds like you want to keep everything stock. The bike will run better if you just change the jets. Go from a 98 to a 105 and a 40 to a 42. If you need to introduce a little more air, pull the snorkel. It's no biggie. My 150 was so lean it became annoying to my son. Now he loves it. Much peppier. Easier to start, and warms up faster. The needle makes a big difference too, but you really need to change to a free flowing air filter if you want to run the 2005 needle in fourth position. A small washer will help a lot.

Hey KS_Gman, I grew up/lived on the MO side of Kansas City. Where in KS do you live?

I re-jetted my wife's 2007 CRF150F a few weeks ago. Intake, motor and exhaust-wise, everything is stock except I am running a Moose air filter.

We purchased her bike brand new. The stock jetting was

pilot: 40

main: 95 (older models must have had the 98 main)

I went to a 42 pilot and 100 main since I was keeping everything stock. Can't believe how well it starts now. Hardly have to use the choke.

JP,

I'm in Olathe. I'm getting the 150 for my son who's just outgrown his 80 ...probably outgrew it a while ago but hey, times have been tough ;-)

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking forward to picking up the bike and getting it dialed in.

Greg

JP,

I'm in Olathe. I'm getting the 150 for my son who's just outgrown his 80 ...probably outgrew it a while ago but hey, times have been tough ;-)

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking forward to picking up the bike and getting it dialed in.

Greg

Very familiar with Olathe, one of my best friends lives there!

The 150F is a great bike. Good luck setting it up. If you have more questions, you can get a ton of help on this site--I have!

JP