Rm125 swingarm / suspension linkage bolts

hi

i have a 1998 rm 125 and the swingarm bolt and the rear suspension bolts wont budge, even using a sledgehammer ๐Ÿ™‚

any suggestions on how to get them out? i believe the linkage one has corroded to the bearings

thank you thumpertalk nation!๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘

I've used a large drift pin, or large bolt and sledge hammer. Spray penetrating fluid where you can and keep pounding. Eventually it will move. Maybe try a torch and heat it up a few times too. Don't ignite the fluid tho! Good luck and just keep beating the piss out of it. Its all you've really got!

Once the bolt starts to move, spray more penetrating oil and work it both ways. It helps to free it up better and less chance of jamming by only going one way. Be careful not to "mushroom" the end you're pounding on or you could run into more problems.

My advice... use penetrating oil a little bit every day or so, for as long as it's necessary. I've found the oil makes it's way a bit more each time you put some and with time it will free up for sure I guarantee you. I'va had some rusted parts take weeks to free up. You just have to be patient and give the treatment once a day.