570 sxs kit

I own a 2008 530EXCR and I experienced some mechanical noise (loud knocking) yesterday. the bike was running perfectly apart from the noise and also it would start with no problems at all.

I took the bike to my mechanic and he found out that the con-rod needs to be replaced and because of that semi failure the piston and cylinder have been damaged as well..

So we are going to rebuild the bike from the bottom to top end.....

I have found a good deal for a 570SXS kit in the Internet. The thing is that I cannot see in any of the sites that it is listed a piston in the photos illustrated...

But I suppose it should be fitted with a 100mm piston in order to do that mod if I understand it correctly...

Does anybody now what the kit includes?? Any experiences from that 570 conversion...is it reliable?? Or it is better to replace the parts with the original oem ones?

Also if modded to a 570 is it clever to install the oversized water impeller along with the samco hoses available for that motor? Is it better to by pass the stock thermostat or is it better to leave it as is?

Finally, the valves seem at their end of life...As far as I know the inlet ones are titanium so they just need to be replaced...but the exhaust ones could be refreshed to last a little longer....Is this the right approach...or they need to be replaced as well??

Sorry to bombard with all of these questions...but I am not sure what to do and I do not want to spend a fortune to parts that can still hold well for a long time!

P.S. Bike has about 160hours and 5100miles...all run as a motard apart from 600miles in the woods!

Edited by zlionakis

anybody?👍

note....also the oil pump situated lower has been destroyed by the small metal particles that passed through!!

Hmmm? My 09 530 just did the same thing too? I like you am currently considering my options.

Now, I hear there might be a 'newer' rod assy out there to 'fix' this issue too...🤣

How many hours did you guys have? My EXC 2008 went at 165hrs and did a complete engine rebuild with 2010 parts. Original conrods on the 08's have been updated as many many other parts.

Zlionakis, where are you going to rebuild your engine?

The bike is going to be rebuild here in Chania.

the only thing that worries me is if the 570 kit will have the updated conrod....

That kit is taken is from the husaberg 570 as a straight swap I have been told.But i do not really know if there have been any updates there as well...

The stroke on the 570 is the same as the 530, the cylinder and piston have a larger bore. I would get the sxs kit which is on offer and which includes the improved cdi. I would change the camshaft as well to the improved 2009 one.

I have read that the piston on the husabergs 570 has been updated with better oil passages and rings for 2010.

Good luck.

BTW what exhaust and jetting are you using. Stock jetting is not that good.

The stroke on the 570 is the same as the 530, the cylinder and piston have a larger bore. I would get the sxs kit which is on offer and which includes the improved cdi. I would change the camshaft as well to the improved 2009 one.

I have read that the piston on the husabergs 570 has been updated with better oil passages and rings for 2010.

Good luck.

BTW what exhaust and jetting are you using. Stock jetting is not that good.

that is great info! the only thing I am not sure is if the 570Kit consists of 2009 or 2010 parts....which are the updated parts or it is made of leftover parts from previous years...

I run a full titanium Akra exhaust and have already installed the dirt tricks tensioner. Cdi will be changed and camshaft as well with the updated parts from the kit along with valve springs. As for my jetting I do not really know as my mechanic has already altered it and it runs like a dream....well not at the moment:banghead:

I'll keep you posted as soon as i have any news ....👍:ride:🤣