Sign in to follow this  

Arizona Registering a Bike from CA

I'm looking to buy a bike that is titled in CA. I plan on dualsporting it and at the moment it just has a green sticker. Comes with headlight and tail light. Do I just need a horn and a VIN check at the MVD to get a MC plate? Anything small details that could prevent me from streeting it?

a friend just bought a ca. bike and st. titled it here in lake havasu,mvd didnt want to see it for inspection.

it`s up to you to have all the legal items on the bike,it`s your ticket the mvd says.

you do have to sign saying how you will be riding (ie:mainly street,some dirt,all dirt.

Nice. I won't worry about it then. I don't think I am going to get that bike, but now I don't have to worry about it. I'm in Flagstaff and the MVD employees here are pretty nice.

I'm in Flagstaff and the MVD employees here are pretty nice.

It isn't the MVD employees you need to watch out for! The guys you need to worry about are park rangers and any other type of law enforcement. Trust me, if you don't have the equipment when they stop to check you out, you will get some nice hefty fines!

It isn't the MVD employees you need to watch out for! The guys you need to worry about are park rangers and any other type of law enforcement. Trust me, if you don't have the equipment when they stop to check you out, you will get some nice hefty fines!

Whoa! Didn't think about them! What do they care about besides ohv tag and SA?

They can, and sometimes do, check everything that your bike, and you, should have. It all depends on who you run in to and their mood that day.

Plus, the fines here in AZ are pretty freakin' stiff. Here is a list showing some things that will get you busted and what the maximum fine would be.

fines.gif

This has been informative! If all goes well I'll be buying an 05 husky te450 this upcoming weekend. It has blinkers, headlight, tail light, spark arrester and horn. I'll plate it/ohv tag it for az and hope for the best!

Well, post up some pics when you get it home!

Will do! 👍

Getting it home will be the challenge... It is in west LA. 1000 mile round trip from Flagstaff! I sent my deposit check off in the mail today. I just need to find a reliable vehicle to get to LA and back. My jeep is fine for around town, but it is not in highway shape right now.🤣

Well, I must look pretty trustworthy or something because a friend of mine just volunteered his dodge diesel. Should get 22+ mpg and haul my new bike just fine. Heading out tonight or tomorrow early am. Here comes 1000 miles!