Sign in to follow this  

another annoying vapor question.......

Hi Guys started my vapor install and wanted to know where the coil is so i can attach the tach wire directly to it....does anyone have a picture of the coil and how it's attached..some guys mentioned that the tach bounces around alot if you wind the red wire around the spark plug wire....a nice picture would be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance, Tom IN NY

Do a search on some of the older Vapor install threads. There is one thread for sure that has a good pic. Tap into the white connector going to the coil. That's how I insatalled mine.

I used a spade connector that allows you to hook up 2 wires to the coil spade connection. You should be able to get them from someplace like Radio Shack. It looks a little like a chair. 1 female & 2 or 3 males. I will try to find a picture & post it.

Do a search on some of the older Vapor install threads. There is one thread for sure that has a good pic. Tap into the white connector going to the coil. That's how I insatalled mine.

I did do a Vapor search and i couldn't find a coil picture but the other pictures were very useful, thank you Tom

Here ya go...

008.JPG

it's under the tank on the left side 👍

Thats just what i needed, thank you much, i'll pulll the tank, visit radio shack and take care of business, thanks again tom

Another one pic :

IMG_2886_resize.jpg

very nice- now i have no excuse for missing it, thank you very much. Tom