Sign in to follow this  

kx250f oil leak?

Hello i have a 2007 kx250f and for the longest time the bike has been leaking oil out of the fat black hose that come out on the bottom i believe its the breather for the case but for the past year its had a leak and i cant get rid of it can someone help me?

Mine does that also, but only a little bit just after an oil change. I think it does it when I have just a bit too much oil in it.

yes before i had the work done it did it also......it doesnt matter how much oil there is in it it will still leak

i have an 06 and it does it too... thats why the hose is dumped under the bike when youre running the piss out of it the crankcase builds pressure and oil expands with pressure and pukes out its normal.. if it didnt have the breather the pressure would take out seals kinda like forks you have air bleaders and if you dont blead every so often the seal will blow out.. just my 2 cents. for what its worth..

and my motor has 6hrs after complete rebuild top to bottom..... did it before and still does....