Sign in to follow this  

Low Beams??? Help

Hi Guy's

I am trying to get this bike (89 DR600) ready for a safety but it seems like it's one thing after another. I replaced the battery a few days ago, then the horn didn't work, replaced that today. I had no low beams, changed the bulb out with a new one, still no low beams. I have high beams though...and have no idea what to do next. The low beams don't concern me because I always ride with the high beams anyways. My concern is not getting the safety because the lows are not working.

Has this happened to any of you before? or can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Kevin

Edited by shocar

If the high beam works but low doesn't, the contacts for the low beam in the switch may be bad. I'd take it apart and inspect. Try to bypass the switch to see if they start working. Also check the contacts for the headlight itself, make sure they're clean and making good contact with the bulb.

Thanks. I will give that a try tonight when I get home from work.

Does anyone have the stock part number for a headlight bulb? When I replaced the bulb, I took the bad one out and got the part number off of it. But if that was the wrong bulb that was in the bike before I got it, that might be a problem.

Thanks

you might check the fuses as well...I had this problem a couple of months ago, but in reverse...the low beam worked but not hi beam...turns out the fuse was blown...changed it..and VOILA...no more problems...

I pulled the hi/low switch apart last night and found a wire had broke off at the switch. Touched the wire to the switch and low beams worked.... Thanks for the help.