New to me YZ85 UPDATED! Rebuild pics

Well I just picked up a non running used and abused 2002 YZ85. My goal is to rebuild it and see if my wife takes to riding. If not, I should be able to get out of it what I put into the rebuild... Here are a few pics.

photo.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

Edited by ace402

$320, it's gonna be a fair amount of work but I figure if I stay under $800-$1000 total including purchase price I shouldn't have too hard of a time selling if my wife doesn't like it.

Edited by ace402

Well I started tearing into the bike today. I don't know if this bike has seen a single day of good maintenance. One of the previous owner LOVES RTV and as such didn't feel the need to replace gaskets...just goop on some RTV and squish her back together.

The crank is toast and I would assume most all the bearings in the engine would need to be replaced.

I'm rebuilding the bike for my wife so I'm going to send off the cylinder and head to Eric Gorr. If he says the cylinder is in good enough shape I'm going to have him turn down the cylinder base and adjust the head to mellow out the power.

Right now I'm stuck at trying to get the drive gear off of the crankshaft. I tried putting a penny between the crank gear and clutch basket gear and the gears won. Gears won again with a quarter. I'm gonna take the bottom end to work tomorrow and use an impact gun on the nut. It is threaded the standard way correct...? It's not reverse thread is it?

I'll keep updating as I go along.

CIMG1901.jpg

CIMG1908.jpgCIMG1909.jpgCIMG1910.jpgCIMG1911.jpgCIMG1912.jpgCIMG1914.jpgCIMG1915.jpgCIMG1917.jpgCIMG1918.jpgCIMG1919.jpgCIMG1920.jpgCIMG1921.jpgCIMG1922.jpgCIMG1923.jpgCIMG1928.jpg