Sign in to follow this  

selling my rm85? HELP

I am getting ready to sell my 2004 RM85 how much would be a reasonable amount to sell it for? The kelly blue book value is $1345. Do you think $1200 would be to much to ask for? Its in great condition and runs great and is really fast. Also do you know a good way to sell it through? Craigslist?? 👍

Im trying to get as much as I can for it because I want to get a yz250f next spring.🤣

The way bikes are currently selling you will be lucky to get 1000$ for it.

Then again it really depends on how eager you are to sell it.

Craigs list is your best bet, its free

I just bought an 08 rm85 bigwheel for my kid in mint condition with 2 pipes, 2 silencers, an extra air filter, an extra head, extra pistons, rings and gaskets. $1800 firm.

In good condition your bike would be worth about a $1000 like MXN4life said.

Good luck.

i was thinking that I was just hoping I could get more for it because I want a 250 and there so dang expensive!

Your best bet would be to go on CL in your local area and see what similar bikes are going for. Your probably not gonna get that much for that bike though, bikes are selling a lot cheaper than usual because of the economy.

Good luck

Where in PA you BE? East or West as I may make an offer?

Your problems with price are multiple. A 125 while larger can go for $1500 or even a 250 is not much more. The other guy mentioned he got a huge deal for an 08 with multiple extra parts. 2003 or so rm250' are going for 1500 or so if you get lucky and I'm going to pay $1000 for 1/3 the bike?

Buyers no NOTHING about your maintenance and a kid on an 85 is RIPPING on it sorry to say that's no offence to you but how they are ridden. The 85 is a learn and wreck and crash and beat on bike to move up to a bigger bike.

the reason I'm interested is because my kid is ready for me to fix the 89 which just needs reeds and a carb clean and I've already ridden it and run it, but it may be simpler to work on an newer bike and sell the 89 to a hillbilly around here looking for anything!

Look at CL, Kijiji as well as local classifieds. See what similar year 85's are selling for in your town and the ones near you and list it competitively.

Where in PA you BE? East or West as I may make an offer?

Your problems with price are multiple. A 125 while larger can go for $1500 or even a 250 is not much more. The other guy mentioned he got a huge deal for an 08 with multiple extra parts. 2003 or so rm250' are going for 1500 or so if you get lucky and I'm going to pay $1000 for 1/3 the bike?

Buyers no NOTHING about your maintenance and a kid on an 85 is RIPPING on it sorry to say that's no offence to you but how they are ridden. The 85 is a learn and wreck and crash and beat on bike to move up to a bigger bike.

the reason I'm interested is because my kid is ready for me to fix the 89 which just needs reeds and a carb clean and I've already ridden it and run it, but it may be simpler to work on an newer bike and sell the 89 to a hillbilly around here looking for anything!

I live in Western PA