Sign in to follow this  

did i make a bad decision?

i recently bought a 2010 KTM 150sx, i wanted a 250f, but the guy at the dealership convinced me to buy a 2 stroke, because of the lack of maetince, ( i don no maentince what so ever, except basic oil change, and cleaning the air filter) and the weight of the bike. im 5'4 and 110 pounds, but i like how easy 4 stroke are to ride, and no mixing gas. dont get me wrong i like my KTM, but i wanted a 250f. do you guys think a 250f is a better bike then the 150sx? which one do you think is faster? i know 250f's race 125s, maybe ill sell it and geta 250f. i have had it for less then a week.

please gimme some info guys:thumbsup:

well do you like it or not is the question

if you don't like maintenance, dont get a race 4 stroke

i dont like 250f's but i have one and would much much prefer a 250 2 stroke or even a 125, a 150 would be awesome

if you dont like the bike sell, but be warned a 4 stroke will cost big bucks if you reject to check and adjust valves or change its oil regulary

I say keep it. You stated you don't like maintenance so thats why the salesman suggested the 2-stroke. Mixing the gas for your 150 is easy. Just keep a seperate 5 gallon can for it and use a good measuring cup. Change the oil (no oil filter to change) and keep the ar filter clean. The 4-strokes are easier to ride but I find the 2-strokes funner and in the long run will make you a better rider.

I've never owned a 2 stroke so I can't speak for the ride but I can tell I get tired of working on the 4 strokes. It seems like some years its 2hrs of work for every 1hr of riding.

I guess it depends on what you like!

the mixing of the gas isnt tough at all, im not complaining, i just think straight gas would be better. and ya the salesman said the 250f would be a bucket of parts if i owned it. i am happy with my 150sx, thanks for the input guys!

That 150 is a bad ass bike, and I would take that any day over a 250 4t. Give it a chance, I think you will really enjoy it as time goes by.

well do you like it or not is the question

if you don't like maintenance, dont get a race 4 stroke...

...but be warned a 4 stroke will cost big bucks if you reject to check and adjust valves or change its oil regulary

That's the reason I want a KTM 105 SX over a CRF150R:thumbsup:

which one do you guys think is faster? 250f or 150sx

The one with the best gearing ratio for the track. The one where you can ride it in the tallest gear tapped out and still remain in control.

He who got the hole shot. I think it would come down to the rider. I have an 08 Husky CR125 and I have out dragged a few 250F's and even a 450F LOL.

Shrub, such a 4t advocate.....The 150 is too small for you, and you don't ride mx(correct me if wrong)...... If I rode MX, I would shoot for a 150sx, 200sx or a yz144.....But i like 2t......

Shrub, such a 4t advocate....

What makes me an advocate? Cause I said what I would rather have?

On every thread you promote it seems, not a bad thing at all, just a definite change....

You're the second to notice so it must be a trend. I will hush up then. 👍