Sign in to follow this  

Ready to ride

Here's the deal. Bought a brand new WR in '96. My buddy bought one the same day. We rode the crap out of those bikes. Decided I needed a newer car ~what was i thinking~. traded the bike. Bye Bye trails. Now ten years later bought a '97 WR. Guy says there's just a little scuff on cylinder just above exhaust port. Showed me the piston~ which was mangled~. Gave $500 for the bike. Took the head off. Cylinder is chunked. Should have known. Anyways, have almost decided to restore from ground up. Problem is funds right now. i am so ready to ride. Can't wait. Trying to be patient but its tough. Anybody used USCHROME for replating? Finding parts for these beasts is tough too. Whos the best for aftermarket parts? Can't wait to get back on those trails!!

just my .02 after getting back in to riding after 18 years off. with a 97, watch ebay hard for the minimum to get it running. run it this seasonm get the feel of everything, then go for the full rebuild in the off season. That way you have something to do next fall when the snow falls again. Just ride! good luck:ride: