Short in for Houston

Some "WANT' to race while others use what they can NOT to race.

JS has out grown MX/SX and likes the life he's got now, live'n life large and acting for the camera.

CR thinks he's the best and doesn't feel there's anyone worthy of his domination.

They haven't been around and racing has continued on and been just as good. ๐Ÿ‘

I think Short knows he's near the end of his career. His strength has always been his consistency and willingness to get the job done. JS and CR are at the top of the sport, they don't need to protect their jobs.

It's the arrogance of considering yourself a superstar in the sport. Even if JS or CR don't race, the know they will still have their job when they come back. They don't need to prove themselves anymore.

Where as Short being just outside the podium, needs to prove that he deserves to stay on that team and can still perform. Especially with having the rookie Canard come in with an extremely solid 450 performance.

It sort of the same deal with Josh Hill, last year he wasn't on anybodies radar. Now that he's on one of the best teams, he has to continually prove himself and can't stop riding because of an injury.

I like JS for how incredibly fast and talented he is, but as far as favourite rider is concerned, other riders have a lot more going for them.

He was faking. It was really a minor contusion.

๐Ÿคฃ:lol:๐Ÿ™‚

It's the arrogance of considering yourself a superstar in the sport. Even if JS or CR don't race, the know they will still have their job when they come back. They don't need to prove themselves anymore.

Where as Short being just outside the podium, needs to prove that he deserves to stay on that team and can still perform. Especially with having the rookie Canard come in with an extremely solid 450 performance.

It sort of the same deal with Josh Hill, last year he wasn't on anybodies radar. Now that he's on one of the best teams, he has to continually prove himself and can't stop riding because of an injury.

I like JS for how incredibly fast and talented he is, but as far as favourite rider is concerned, other riders have a lot more going for them.

Couldn't have said it any better ๐Ÿ‘

OK.....so I pop on Racer X Online and see that Short is racing Houston this weekend. How can a guy with a broken leg heal up so fast when you have CR and JS with broken fingers/hands that are STILL not racing??? What gives? ๐Ÿ‘

The injury he had was not exactly a broken leg , this is from Cycle News , told by Short as to the severity and exact nature of the injury

****So what exactly is the injury?

I have an undisplaced facture on my talus bone, typically that's a really bad bone to break, because the blood flow isn't very good there. Fortunately for me, I broke it in a great place where there is good blood flow and wasn't displaced really bad. So I don't require surgery or some of the things that I've heard horror stories about this injury, so I'm pretty optimistic that I'll have a full recovery and that the recovery will be a lot quicker than your typical fracture of that bone. It's the bone right below your tibia and fibula, and right above your calcaneus, which is your heal bone.****

The injury he had was not exactly a broken leg , this is from Cycle News , told by Short as to the severity and exact nature of the injury

****So what exactly is the injury?

I have an undisplaced facture on my talus bone, typically that's a really bad bone to break, because the blood flow isn't very good there. Fortunately for me, I broke it in a great place where there is good blood flow and wasn't displaced really bad. So I don't require surgery or some of the things that I've heard horror stories about this injury, so I'm pretty optimistic that I'll have a full recovery and that the recovery will be a lot quicker than your typical fracture of that bone. It's the bone right below your tibia and fibula, and right above your calcaneus, which is your heal bone.****

That seems to be a broken leg to me. ๐Ÿ‘

My practice buddy injured his a couple weeks and it was only a deep bruise (Don't remember the medical term. Something about having a rock embedded in the foot and stepping on concrete like a cave man or some crap).

He is a correctional officer at a level 5 death row prison in alabama. Needless to say he is a tough S.O.B and this weekend he is gonna try riding but is still hurting pretty good from it.

Andrew is a bad dude in my eyes for riding with an injure like this so soon. Considering the same thing seems to have temporarily retired Tim Ferry. A rock solid Veteran of the sport.

That seems to be a broken leg to me. ๐Ÿ‘

no it is not ! . do some research !๐Ÿคฃ though it can be a carrier ending injury

This is from a medical page

Fractures of the Talus

The talus is a critical bone of the ankle joint. It connects the leg and the foot. The talus is involved in multiple planes of movement. It joins (articulates) the ankle joint and is responsible for the upward and downward movement (dorsiflexion and plantarflexion) of the ankle. In addition, it joins the heel bone (the calcaneus) where it is responsible for the majority of the inward and outward movement (inversion and eversion) of the foot. Injuries of the talus may therefore effect both the ankle and subtalar joint and affect multiple planes of movement of the foot and ankle. These injuries range from relatively minor chips or fragments that are broken off the edges of the talus to very serious fractures that can be quite devastating.

no it is not ! . do some research !๐Ÿคฃ though it can be a carrier ending injury

This is from a medical page

Fractures of the Talus

The talus is a critical bone of the ankle joint. It connects the leg and the foot. The talus is involved in multiple planes of movement. It joins (articulates) the ankle joint and is responsible for the upward and downward movement (dorsiflexion and plantarflexion) of the ankle. In addition, it joins the heel bone (the calcaneus) where it is responsible for the majority of the inward and outward movement (inversion and eversion) of the foot. Injuries of the talus may therefore effect both the ankle and subtalar joint and affect multiple planes of movement of the foot and ankle. These injuries range from relatively minor chips or fragments that are broken off the edges of the talus to very serious fractures that can be quite devastating.

Well since there is no medical term "broken leg" I'd say it was fair for the OP to refer to fractures anywhere from balls to toes that doesn't allow proper usage of that leg as "broken". ๐Ÿ™‚

For the sake of argument why don't we call it a lower body injury and wish Shorty the best in his comeback. ๐Ÿ‘

Well since there is no medical term "broken leg" I'd say it was fair for the OP to refer to fractures anywhere from balls to toes that doesn't allow proper usage of that leg as "broken". :applause:

For the sake of argument why don't we call it a lower body injury and wish Shorty the best in his comeback. ๐Ÿ‘

Your "LEG" consists of 4 bones , the femur, the patella, the tibia, and the fibula

no where in there does it mention the ankle or foot or toes !..I am not sure why you included Balls , are yours boney ??๐Ÿ™‚

Just Sayin !

so Lower Body Injury does not fit

And no , if you shake it too hard that does not constitute as a broken leg !:jawdrop:

and yes it will be nice to see him back !๐Ÿคฃ

so Lower Body Injury does not fit

So your ankle and foot are part of your upper body? ๐Ÿ‘

I'm well aware of where the talus is having been affected by that injury but I wouldn't nit pick over the OP saying it was a broken leg since the injury does leave the individual without a leg to stand on.๐Ÿคฃ

So your ankle and foot are part of your upper body? ๐Ÿ‘

I'm well aware of where the talus is having been affected by that injury but I wouldn't nit pick over the OP saying it was a broken leg since the injury does leave the individual without a leg to stand on.๐Ÿคฃ

Not that it really matters , but a leg , as is a arm , a extremity , not really part of the lower or upper body , just attached to it

and i wasnt nit picking the OP i was merely pointing out that his comment about a broken leg as the injury was not reflective of the actual injury or healing process related to it , so i posted the injury to clarify what the injury actually was , and Short's own words as to what recovery was expected to be !

I am not a Dr nor do i claim to be , i simply did a little research and found correct info on the subject , so no one was mis-informed !

and to keep anyone interested , correctly informed of what took or is taking place from the person the topic was refering to (Short himself) , was not trying to have a medical terminology rebuttle , or insinuate that anyone was dumb !

enough said !