Sign in to follow this  

can you push dirtbikes up dunes

i was wondering, its quite hard to push a dirtbike through soft terrain and up hills.

so what do you do if you break down on the dunes?

you coulndt push up the hills could you

I prefer to put the 200 pound machine on my back and just walk home.

I would put it on the back of a quadtard

That is one way quadtards can be useful to our society. And there is no other ways.

I think it would probably be physically impossible for you to push your bike up a big dune unless you were given the title as the metrex worlds strongest man, if you were i would have to agree with v757b just throw it on your back and walk back. But in all reality haul it back duh!

It is unbelievably hard to push a bike uphill on uneven ground. 3 blokes were struggling to push my xr400. Not the lightest bike but not the heaviest either. The hill was pretty steep but id think you would be SOL pushing it through sand

3 guys struggling to push a bike

goes to show how strong engines really are even the xr engines

Trying to push a bike up a dune is asking for a heart attack 👍

I dumped my CR on the side of a dune last week while at Little Sahara and it was hard enough picking the bike up since it was above me and the sand was very powdery.

Quads and buggies are your friend in the sand.

A 2nd bike and a toe strap would probably work too. Maybe...

Easiest thing to do it go back down the hill. Then you have options like maybe trying to ride back up it or getting towed out from there not on the hill.

That is one way quadtards can be useful to our society. And there is no other ways.

Also good for puling me out of ravines.....👍

Carry CASH. Spot'm a 20 and you can get a keeewad or a buggy to bring it back. 👍

exactly, I keep a 20$ bill in my barpad in case I ever really need it.. not that I would with the type of people around here, they would gladly help someone for free, as would I. but if you ever need to buy some gas off someone or something its nice to have just in case.

Pushing it up a sand hill, hell, have you ever tried pushing it through sand on level ground?!? That is a big enough pain in the arse!

I guess if you ride dunes you better have a quadtard friend or have beer and $.

If it is real soft I doubt even a bigbore dirtbike is going to get the job done. Probably just make a hole.

Yeah forget pushing it in the sand unless it is all downhill!

you might be able to use a truck, I would go with the 4 wheeler or buggy 1st, but if you must use a truck, lower your tire pressure to 10-20 lbs, stay above 10 mph and keep your momentum, try not to stop but only where your bike is...... also you might want to scout, ahead of time, for a good place to stop the truck where the sand isn't quit so soft and loomy so that it will be less likely to get the truck stuck.

Also you might wanna make sure you wont get arrested for taking a truck in the dunes!

Trying to push a bike up a dune is asking for a heart attack :banana:

I dumped my CR on the side of a dune last week while at Little Sahara and it was hard enough picking the bike up since it was above me and the sand was very powdery.

Quads and buggies are your friend in the sand.

and mud dont forget about the mud i have had a few bad encounters whith mud:bonk: