Sign in to follow this  

2004 crf450

hey guys can you please give me some good and bad feedback about this year . thankyou very much i appreciate it

I own one and it runs like a champ can't go wrong if the bike has been maintained up to standards.

i like mine.. after 800 hrs and stripping the clutch side drain threads, and having the chunk float around and beat up my 4th gear, i had the cases split. Had a new OEM crank/rod installed just because i plan on keeping the bike and already had the motor apart, but the old one looked/measured GREAT. I don't do high rev mx riding/racing, just fast trails and some single track at croom.

May need to go to ss intake valves if you ride a bunch as they do go out of adjustment fairly often. The front springs stock i think were a bit stiff, tons of info on this site about the model so search for more.

I would like the narrower feel of the later models, but didn't want to buy another bike just yet.

I bought mine in clean shape. I don't scream it like a two stroke and I have never pulled the valve cover or looked at the plug, always starts right up. It can be heavy if you start swapping between bikes. I just try to forget the weight and its great.