C/S Seep

The counter shaft nut came loose on me again. I loctited the splines and the threads with 271 about 3 months ago and it rattled loose again today. The bike has seen close to 2k miles in that time, 800 in the last 2.5 weeks. I noticed tonight that right below the c/s there is some slimy seepage that seems to be coming from the c/s seal. Is my bushing starting to mushroom out? I was careful not to over torque the nut when I put it on both times. Also, on a possibly related note: I have a new rattle when I go heavy on the throttle in 1st and 2nd. Feels like the chain is going to temporarily rattle off the sprocket.

The counter shaft nut came loose on me again. I loctited the splines and the threads with 271 about 3 months ago and it rattled loose again today. The bike has seen close to 2k miles in that time, 800 in the last 2.5 weeks. I noticed tonight that right below the c/s there is some slimy seepage that seems to be coming from the c/s seal. Is my bushing starting to mushroom out? I was careful not to over torque the nut when I put it on both times. Also, on a possibly related note: I have a new rattle when I go heavy on the throttle in 1st and 2nd. Feels like the chain is going to temporarily rattle off the sprocket.

i also need to check mine well within 2000 miles of doing the locktite fix.

i check it often to try to eliminate the chance of it getting loose enough to leak oil past the seal.

have you ever replaced the seal or o-ring?

if you're referring to the 2nd gear bushing - no way top tell if it's mushroomed or not without splitting the cases.

good idea to inspect the seal or just replace it, the o-ring & the spacer. i found a good amount of wear on the last spacer i replaced.

install the sprocket, torque the nut & check c'shaft for smooth rotation. if no binding, remove sprocket, locktite the splines & re-install.

Get the spacer too.

Time depends on your ability, knowledge and tools. I can do it in 15 minutes. I have friends that it would take them all weekend.

HAHA.

I definitely take my time, but I am confident that it will take less than a whole weekend... Should I just go to my local dealer for parts? I don't really like them so I'll probably just order something online. Any recommendations?

HAHA.

I definitely take my time, but I am confident that it will take less than a whole weekend... Should I just go to my local dealer for parts? I don't really like them so I'll probably just order something online. Any recommendations?

TT OEM store or Ronayers.com Have not bought an OEM part in 6 or 7 years for a garage full of bikes that has not come from one of those two places.