Sign in to follow this  

2010 CRF250r - How many hours & issues so far?

Just wondering how many hows hours and any issues you've had with the new bikes? I'll start:

Hours - 4.1, Brought in Feb 2010

Issues - Crushed radiator from a light fall, hard starting during break-in.

Hours - 41 hours, Brought 9/2009

Issues- can not start in gear,small amount of gas in motor oil every time i change it,At times Air box also gets oil in it

Hours - 0 Bought 09/2009

Issues- 0 This bad girl is reliable. Sorry guys this is more of a joke at me.

Just wondering how many hows hours and any issues you've had with the new bikes? I'll start:

Hours - 4.1, Brought in Feb 2010

Issues - Crushed radiator from a light fall, hard starting during break-in.

2 months and only 4 hours?👍

not to steal the thread but i was wanting to by a 2010. so would you guys mind posting pros and cons about the 2010 bike, dont have to right a whole page, maybe just a few points. thanks

cannot start in gear is my experiance too. i`ve got about 6 hrs on mine. moved the idle up 2 clicks as i got flame out a couple times while waiting on the start gate. love the bike and starts first kick if u got to neutral. don`t waste ur time in a moto trying as it will flood.

Best honda I have ever ridden. Yes it needs a fed mods, but what bike doesnt.

E

stock had 5hr no problems at all

modded- 1hr so far and no problems

2 months and only 4 hours?👍

haha, yeh. I ride about once a week/ once every 2 weeks at the local track. As im not very good, i put only about 0.7hrs on the bike every trip.

1 bought in Nov, 2009

Around 50 hours stock - worked perfect

then with like 3-4 hours with a box, exhaust and better piston - messed up

1 bought in Nov, 2009

What box, exhaust & piston?

What damage?

1 bought in Nov, 2009

Ours has about 35 hours on it. Its ridden by an intermediate rider. We have had no real issues so far. Some gas seems to get into the oil, but not much.

When do you think it is time to do the topend and what do you replace at this time interval?

What box, exhaust & piston?

What damage?

Well, my first language aint english so i am not sure if this is right but there was a High comp piston ( dont know brand), a Vortex Box and a Akrapovic exhaust

And to the damage: dont know what its called in english but the kick was stuck, didnt move anything so i think u know what i mean 👍

Edited by DJMellberg
wrong spelled

Ours has about 35 hours on it. Its ridden by an intermediate rider. We have had no real issues so far. Some gas seems to get into the oil, but not much.

When do you think it is time to do the topend and what do you replace at this time interval?

well, too bad i cant answer this because my dad or mechanic works with those stuff, i only do filters and wheels andstuff like that),

and i doesnt really know what meaning with topend ?, but if it is the same as piston i can think of around 20-30 hours for an intermediate, Sorry for my bad english 👍

Issues- can not start in gear,small amount of gas in motor oil every time i change it,At times Air box also gets oil in it

oil in the air box can be the seal

I kept getting oil in my air filter box & in the end it was running out onto the chain. It turned out to be the crank seal.

Bought in November 2010.

Had 60 hours on it and put in a fresh top end just because it was time. 2hrs later on a fresh top end it blew up. Dont know what the cause was or what happened yet.

27.5 Hours on my 2010 CRF250 / stock with exception of full Yoshimura pipe and re-map by Eddie / No issues so far