Sign in to follow this  

KX85 to 100 conversion.Q's

WE have a 100% stock standard 2006 KX85, I have just taken delivery of a 100cc head and barrel from a reputable 2T man in MI. It is all nicely bolted up and ready to go. My Question is should I re jet it before I start it, as it still has the stock 85cc jets in it? It has been ported for lower end power and has a billet aluminum ( Pro Circuit?) powervalve fitted.

At the moment it has a 140 main 45 pilot (We are at sea level)

My spares I have on hand are;

Pilots jets 42 and 48

Mains 138 142 150

spare needle is marked NOAB

Some input would be great as jetting is still shakey ground for me.

Edited by micknmeld

You can get by using the 85 needle but will run better with the 100 needle, NAPE ( I think, don't have a manual anymore), Also, there will be a timing issue between stator and CDI. It'll run but the curve will be wrong for the ports on a 100 cylinder vs an 85.

Thanks Sappers.

I jetted it as per the standard specs for a KX100 138 main 45 slow (pilot)

Needle in the 4th slot.

Two priming kicks and away it went, sat there and idled perfectly. It seems to run well but I wont know for sure, untill we give it a run in the paddock this arvo after work. It was 6am in the morning when I got it going ,so I wasn't able to give it much of a run up and down my driveway before my wife had something to say...LOL

What are you suggesting to do in order to correct any timing issues between the stator and CDI?

This top end has been ported by Eric Gorr's Forward Motion from MI. and he never indicated to me that I would have timing issues with the set up I got from him.

Cheers

Mick

If Eric did it, you should be ok. He does something with the ports to match what it needs.