Sign in to follow this  

eng oil in air box

my daughter said that her bike was sounding different and did not seam to have the power that her bike used to so when I went out to look at it there is eng oil in the air box and none on the dip stick I have not drained the oil to see if there is any left in the eng any ideas on how or why this would happen the bike has mabe 40 hours?

I guess no one has any ideas I will have to take into town:banghead:

Valve adjustment? Possibly too tight and not closing all the way causing compression from the engine to blow oil out the vent and into the airbox? Just a thought.

my daughter said that her bike was sounding different and did not seam to have the power that her bike used to so when I went out to look at it there is eng oil in the air box and none on the dip stick I have not drained the oil to see if there is any left in the eng any ideas on how or why this would happen the bike has mabe 40 hours?

Hi has she fallen of the bike and if the bike was semi inverted and still running this could pump oil into the air box,at 40 hours the piston should still be good,put a clean air filter in it and drain the catch tube (the one by the shock with the black stopper in it) you may get oil and water come out which is quite normal refill engine with oil and get her to go and ride,if you are still getting oil into the air box its time to change the piston as blow by past the rings is pumping your oil into the air box,hope this helps,Martin.