Sign in to follow this  

Trailtech x2 headlight

I'm going to be street legalizing my e and i need some advise from people that have used the trail tech headlight. First i do not plan on buying the hid. Its down to the x2 dual sport or the x2 off road. The dual sport is more expensive and the beams are "clipped" to shine only on the road.

Also if anyone has any pictures of one mounted on a yellow drz that would be helpful for me to pick out if I'm getting a white or yellow.

Thank you for your reply, but that thread doesn't answer any of my questions. His thread deals directly with the wireing of the sm harness to a x2 harness.

My next question is should i get the model specific one to the sm, or get the generic model. I want the light to mount up good and look right, but don't need any connectors since i am using a non factory harness.

I just put an the SM specific X2 on my plated E that already had a Baja kit installed. Plug and play to the existing connection. It fits very close to the triples, so I'll have to maybe relocate the horn to create a bit more space for wiring. Drilled holes near the bottom of the plastic and swapped my signals from Forrest out of the old unit and and was done in no time.

Low beam on X2 is the big light, hi is the little light, but not both like the Baja light (running, lo, hi). The swap was mostly aesthetic anyway, but I s'pose if I was electrically savvy and not a drooling boob I could make 'em work together.

BTW - Jason at Trailtech was quick to respond via email w/ questions.

I called trailtech and talked to a lady that was verry helpfull and had answers for my whitch one to buy questions.

x2 offroad isn't legal for the roads.

mkgm6o.jpg

New "trailtech look" plastic 👍

11022010802.jpg

175110.jpg

wow thanks for the pic, that is exactly what i was looking for. BTW where did you get the graphics that match the headlight?

New "trailtech look" plastic 👍

11022010802.jpg

175110.jpg

Dont take this the wrong way man but Im gonna rip that off. I love the look of your DRZ.

X2 ftw

For what it's worth...

The X2 mounts up very easily. The toughest part on my SM was hiding the bird's nest of wires that all Japanese manufacturers like to hide in stock headlights (maybe thats why they're so big 👍). I ended up using the universal NON DOT light for my SM and am very happy with it. Light output is awesome and far better than stock. The beam is NOT clipped so it's a very wide light pattern.

0327001644.jpg

Dont take this the wrong way man but Im gonna rip that off. I love the look of your DRZ.

X2 ftw

Thanks 👍. This is the final look :-)

img0267.jpg

img0262r.jpg

Edited by RadoTP

Low beam on X2 is the big light, hi is the little light, but not both like the Baja light (running, lo, hi). The swap was mostly aesthetic anyway, but I s'pose if I was electrically savvy and not a drooling boob I could make 'em work together.

On mine, (HID) the low is the small light, the large is the high, this being wired with the Trail Tech switch, plug and play. Also both lights are on when high beam is selected. Also I run my set up on the road, although not "legal", and have not had any problems, not even getting flashs from other drivers. BTW output is awesome...