Sign in to follow this  

Montana One tire in the grave....oppressed in Bozeman

Mountain bikers will be the most affected forest users under the plan released Wednesday. Only 60 miles of trail in the wilderness-study area will be open for mountain biking this year, which is 25 percent of what was available last year. Motorcyclists will be allowed to ride on 40 miles of trail

I really need an updated map of what will be legal to ride on motorcycle.

Mountain bikers will be the most affected forest users under the plan released Wednesday. Only 60 miles of trail in the wilderness-study area will be open for mountain biking this year, which is 25 percent of what was available last year. Motorcyclists will be allowed to ride on 40 miles of trail

I really need an updated map of what will be legal to ride on motorcycle.

you will get a map that you need to superimpose on the old map. They need to offer a free course on deciphering all this.

• Like 1

Anybody know specifically what trails were closed? I'm sick about this. All the time and money the forest service put into their travel plan, and then this.

There is an REI opening just a few blocks from my house in Bozeman. REI is a corporate sponser of the Sierra Club, and we all need to remember NOT to patronize companies like this. Don't be afraid to tell REI what you think. And remind your mountain bike buddies that they are in the same boat as us.