Jumping further

confidence in your suspension so that it doesn't kick you up or nose dive.

Be able to panic rev to bring the rear wheel down

more speed

mainly, more corner speed so that you can hit the jump faster and fly further

He said it all... its all about momentum and confidence, but dont forget about your body position or youll find yourself getting in trouble at speed when hitting the big jumps.

The more you jump the more confident you will be. Hit the jump faster and faster everytime and you will learn in what gear and speed you clear it best, but don't rush, take your time. Analyze every move you make before,during and after the jump. For jumping further, use the clutch along with the throttle when leaving the jump, select the proper gear, keep your legs as stiff as you can when leaving the jump, find the smoothest line, compress with your legs, seat bounce if you need to. And most important: practice, practice, practice.

Thank you for the help im goin gto give that a try. I was also wondering because iv noticed that some people when there hitting like a 100ft jump they tend to lean back does that help??

It can... Im pretty sure what you are dexcribing is what LANKYRIDER was referring to as a seat bounce or preloading. Riders shift the weight to the back of the bike to compress the suspension to slingshot them off the lip of the jump. It can be very effective as long as you remember to shift your weight forward after you are in the air as you will find yourself staring towards the sky if your not careful... he also stated the most important part of the equation, PRACTICE! It requires alot more technique than just leaning back on the bike and if not done correctly can cause some serious problems and lead to some gnarly crashes if you dont know what your doing. Just start out small and work your way up to the big jumps at your pace.

Don't forget too that as you progress you will need to adjust your suspension. Bigger jumps mean bigger landings. I was blown away at the improvement in control and distance in my jumps when I stiffened up the suspension.

go faster? lol...or seat bounce the jump...which if you dont know what that is...its basically sitting down on the jump...compresses the suspension and launches you higher and farther

Watch at 1:36...he seatbounces that jump...and whips too

I've, on occasion had somone ask about hitting a 100' uphill jump at a local track. I think the most important aspect of hitting bigger jumps is having control of your bike in the air. What I mean by that is being able to hit the rear brake if your front end is up high, or getting on the throttle (panic rev) if the front end is too low.

I wouldn't encourage anyone to hit a big jump without first having those "tools" available.

Good luck !