Sign in to follow this  

00' has compression brake?

Or is that little lever a hot start assist?? I was at the honda store and a guy had one on a used 250X and it was this "hot start" lever... I thought the one on the Deezer was a compression brake...but that could well show my ignorance...

👍

It's used when starting the bike. It makes kicking the bike over easier because it bleeds some of the cylinder pressure out. Is your bike a kick start model?

My "bike to be" is a kicker yeah...and I wish I knew that before I test rode it. I shut her down a few times to check it out and kicking it over wasn't the funnest experience!!!

Thanks!

Yeah, the Honda guy, with the 250 X, explained his "hot start" lever to me, not as a compression relief, but as some deal where it lets a little cool air in or something like that???

Compression release is for starting. Not to be used as a compression brake. Kick start only modes also have hot start but the lever or knob is down by the carb. Hot start can be moved to the left bar with accessory kits.

Ahh...I run through there once or twice a year. Lived in Bozeman for 5 years...am stuck in MN now.

👍