Sign in to follow this  

Washington Volunteer's Little Naches

Hi all,

I am looking for volunteer's for camp hosts in the little Naches ORV riding area. The USFS has made the following camping areas pay sites

Lost Meadow, Long Meadow, Longmire, and Ponderosa Camp.

The fee is five dollars per night per vehicle, towed vehicles are included.

Camp hosts would be exempt from this fee.

The USFS has also said it will keep close tabs on the fee's collected as they have a common goal with us to see this money "go up the trail" our volunteer work will effect how fast and how much of that money goes up the trail.👍

My goal is to also do information and education work in the Litttle Naches area, as we all know with the theft of the NOVA fund the Forest Service is left with little to no money for our sport. No everyone is happy about this new fee, I do understand as someone who has recreated at Little Naches for almost 10 years I have come to love this riding area and want to do everything I can to make sure it stays open now and for future generations.

Working with the Forest Serivce we can help to insure this riding area is not closed, we can show a positive ORV effort to the public and be an asset to the Forest Service. PM if you are intrested I need to get a list the the USFS by May.

Edited by KTMKATE
TYPOS

Can't help host -- but I am hosting a ride for my local club in the Little Naches in August. Planing on staying at Long Meadow so the kids have a place to ride.

We'll be sure to bring our checkbooks.

You do not have to sign up for the whole summer:thumbsup:

Maybe a weekend- just need to get a list/group of people started.

Thanks D.J.!👍

I sent Dan an e-mail to pass along to the club-

I sent you back a PM

thanks again!

Kate

• Like 1

Anyone know the name of the moto club that camps at Longmire all summer? I think they are out of Tacoma WA....

Does anyone else want to volunteer to charge people money to use public lands? 👍 It's a great deal! I guess it's better than concessionaires charging $16 a night, but I'm sure it's headed in that direction. I find it funny how we are socializing healthcare and privatizing our public lands.

Curious to see how many "new" campsites will open up now that there is a charge for Lost Meadows. My family has spent about 1 month a year there for the past 20 years, but won't be going back on principal. The non fee area's will get more crowded. After they figure this out, I imagine they will set up a gate at 410 and eventually charge an access fee for the area. Sad to see how things are digressing.

Lost Meadow will not end up being a pay site at first, they have more prep work that needs to be done.

No one complains about Tanuem Junction being a pay site why is Little Naches any different. If you can afford a dirt bike and camp trailer suck it up and pay the $5 and skip a couple of trips too starbucks. I would rather pay to ride the trails than have them shut down.

I don't mind paying as long as the money truly stays within the trail system and we see some positive outcome from it.

I have been told by the Forest Service that they will be keeping close tabs on the money- and they WANT to see as much of it as possible go up the trail, our volunteer efforts will make the diffrence!

The information education work will help to keep the area open and safe from greenies trying to use the loss of the NOVA fund against us to close our areas since they are not funded (as well as before) this is why I have taken this on. I spend just about every weekend riding Naches so if I am going to be there I should help out our sport:ride: