Sign in to follow this  

How do you figure out what is done to it?

So i bought a 2007 DRZ 400 sm. has a slip on exhaust.

But how would i tell if it had motor work, or its jetted or anything of those things?

My friend has same year bike as me and does not sound the same my sounds lumpy and not to smooth idle as his does.

Also when i floor it power seem good then dies and then good again.

Something is not all that right here. Any help on testing and searching how to see will be of a help!

Thank you,

Also if would be of a help i can always post some pics of serene things to give more of a idea.

The motor is also little weird looking. i would have to post pic for you all to see what im talking about.

pull the seat and see if the air box is cut for the 3xe mod. thats a good start. check the other posts here for pics of the fcr carb to see if you have that too. if the box is cut, then the bike has probably been jetted. did you ask the seller any questions reguarding its mods? make sure the air filter is clean. how many miles on it?

The box is not cut. Bike has 7600 miles on it now. Yes i ride a lot i got it with 6900.

When i asked the guy he said he had jetted it. But bike just does not feel right to me.

Also some time the bike will turn off when im at a light. if i blip the throttle in away.

The head gasket looks like it has been touch which makes me weridy of it.

Im going to take a pic and post it maybe you call can take a little look. i kind of also want to get in there and see if the bolts where every touch.

you should pull the carb and check the jets and make sure it's correct, cut the 3x3 in the airbox, and get and MRD/SSW exhaust for it

Where can i get just the header part? with out spending the lot on the hole thing since i have half of it already?

it doesn't work that way.the slip-on muffler is designed for the small stock system.the rs3 system's head pipe is larger than stock and the muffler is larger to match up to it correctly.it's the same with other good pipes as well,like the yosh trc pro Ti,muzzy and mrd/ssw.

assume that nuthing have been done to it

not even the oil chenged

if your looking for power than you would like to start with the best parts --- this is ware the MRD/SSW pipe comes in --- it is the best bike for this bike at this point in time

if you cant fork out the money for the best pipe ---- that is fine too just remember if you asked for power the furst thing you will be told to by is that MRD/SSW pipe

therre is nuthing wrond wiuth running the exhoust pipe you have now

assume the carb has not been rejetted --- so spend the $60 to do that and cut the 3x3 modd

assume that the lock-tight fixes ware not done and the water pump needs seald

all this info can be fould in the FAQ section