Sign in to follow this  

Jetting

2006 250x slow jet is a 45, main 155, stock needle 4th position,and o ring mod, i still got the bad bog blues.My question is,with the 45 slow jet i turn the air screw all the way in the motor quits.Is this slow jet to small??? if so how much bigger...i live in michigan around 750ft above sea level...any suggestions please!!!!

If it dies when the screw is closed it's typically within range of where it needs to be. Unplug your TPS and see if the bog is still there. It might be that your ap squirt timing is off and it's hitting the slide and not missing it and hitting right into the intake.

So if this solves the problen do i leave the tps unpluged or do i need to reset it...

Ok hit i just tried it...it did not help..i got the bike idles nice and just sitting there i can twist the throttle and no bog..let come back to a idle wait 15 sec snap the throttle and its good..but i get on the bike and crawl in 1st gear,twist her hard and bog we get...i dont see any black smoke to think its to rich,any other ideas??this bike always had the bog in it and i never took the time because i hated dealing with the carb..but after 10 times tearing this apart i got it mastered...so i will try anything at a blink of a eye..thx jeff

Hey Houndog - I am in Michigan too and here is what I am running.

main 158

40 pilot

55 leak jet

red pin with clip on 3rd ring from bottom

Granted, this is a 05' with aftermarket exhaust, but it works very well for me.

I know I've said this over and over again, but I don't think a 250x needs a 45 pilot jet. I could be totally wrong, but that's just my opinion. I tend to think that if the bike requires a 45 pilot there is other issues.....like the AP.

I don't know the sizes of the O-Rings other than what came with my JD jet kit, but did you do a thick o-ring or thin one?

Ok JTMACH..the o ring is just a 5/16ID from home depot is that to small??And you know what i cant see mechanically how this o ring does anything.I dont know the name of the objects that im putting the o ring around,but the 2 objects dont seperate at all when i twist the thottle.(thats what the oring is for to keep them togeather correct)So mach do think i should be running a 42 jet Max??? I got the carb on the bench now again to check the leak jet to see if its plugged.While i got the carb out what else should i look for?? IS there a AP mod i should do?a different leak jet? I did buy the NCYR needle that rick ramsey suggested and tried that and the bike would run lean on idle(it would take 15 seconds to settle down) thank you all for any input and please keep the suggestions coming,and thanks deeman and hit for your great comments aswell...jeff

check your squirt timing. It should just miss the slide. It should shoot a few feet in a nice stream.

to adjust it turn the screw on the ap arm. The part that you have the o ring on.

I GOT IT !!!!!! YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the leak jet was a little plugged...final results was a 42 slow,150 main, stock neddle 4th position,and the O ring,2 1/4 on the air screw...THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR TIME AND PATIENCE....JEFF YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!