Sign in to follow this  

This is my last "which one" thread!!

Serious!!!🤣

I am watching for used bikes, I have several acceptable choices and will likely jump on the first one I find for a great deal.. I am really trying to be "thrifty" (not one of my normal characteristics"...)

I really like the DRZ 400's and have TWO 00's for sale close by for a decent deal. I rode one for a 1/2 hour in some pretty easy terrain and enjoyed it (the seat was a little hard!👍 ) but it did feel a little "heavy"...

I am SOLD on the KDX's.. I know these two bikes are very different...I love the idea of the KDX being 30-40# lighter than the Deezer... and I like the ease of maintenance and ease of starting (the Deezers I'm looking at are Kickers) of the KDX too..

I like the shear power and pull of the Deezer and if I plate it, it'll run down the road a little easier than the KDX...

I am 5'7" and 170#...

I will be riding a mix of hills, trails, desert and fire roads...

I am NOT a mechanic...

I am looking to spend 1200-1800$$$$

Whatchya think?!?!

KDX of the two you are looking at. I just road a DRZ 400 for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It may be reliable as many people have said in the past but it's just to heavy for my taste. The guy that ownes the DRZ road my Husky TXC 510 and my 08 Husky CR125. He is picking up a new Husky WR125 this week.

yeah...its a heavy bike... I just haven't ridden enough bikes to really know the diff yet. I need to find a KDX to ride...

I rode the DRZ for a half hour, putting around, gassing it here and there, and it was fun... but I dont have anything to compare it to!!

The KDX is a very good bike and you will not go wrong if you pick one up. However if you found an electric start DRZ it may change your mind as it is an easier bike to live with and the ease of just running regular gas is a huge bonus. So in my opinion unless you are going to do some spirited single track riding, I would keep looking for a DRZ with electric start.

The DRZ electric would be the cats patooty... There is actually one on Craigs right now... I need to call the guy.