Sign in to follow this  

2008 yz what are my bar riser options? I searched.

I have the stock triples and Pro tapers on the bike but feel more and more like the bars are too low. Naturally I want to try a higher bar but would like to try bar risers first before buying a different bar. less money to try it out. problem w/ most bars is to get a flat sweep or near the stock pro tapers now you only gain a small amount of height.

Anyone know where to get bar risers in various heights?? the Tusk version that would fit my bike raises over an inch. thats going to be too much.

Thanks

Did you try RoxSpeedFX ? They make a variety of bar risers, I had got some for one of my wife's quads.

If you're going to be adding a stabilizer, I have a Scotts undermount set-up I'm trying to get rid of. Fits the stock upper triple and raises it approx 3/4 of an inch.

Already run the GPR fastway Fit setup otherwise I would entertain that route.

Thanks

Will try Roxspeed FX

Any other suggestions?

Did you try RoxSpeedFX ? They make a variety of bar risers, I had got some for one of my wife's quads.

No dice

You could probably find the right stuff at your local hardware store. Or for me instead of risers i just tried a new bar bend that was the same height but had less sweep. Less sweep would and did move the the bars a touch higher simply because the top clamp is at an angle, so forward a little bit IS higher too.

Why, No dice ?

I have the pivoting types and they are great, you can see them in my garage.

http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/cart/showitems.cgi?subcat_id=256

First post

"the Tusk version that would fit my bike raises over an inch. thats going to be too much."

Thanks for the suggestion though. Bought factory Suzuki KTM less sweep bars and slightly higher and will try that. might have to get creative if i need a little more height.

First post

"the Tusk version that would fit my bike raises over an inch. thats going to be too much."

Thanks for the suggestion though. Bought factory Suzuki KTM less sweep bars and slightly higher and will try that. might have to get creative if i need a little more height.

Not sure what brand you bought, but i too just bought the KTM bend from Sunline. Motosport.com had a closeout on them. Did 50 miles on them Sunday. One of the best purchases i've made actually. I've found with handlebars that a few mm's can make a big difference in feel.

Not sure what brand you bought, but i too just bought the KTM bend from Sunline. Motosport.com had a closeout on them. Did 50 miles on them Sunday. One of the best purchases i've made actually. I've found with handlebars that a few mm's can make a big difference in feel.

Sweet! Love hearing that kind of feedback post purchase pre trying the part out!

What dimensions are yours do you know? I went w/ the pro taper contour again.

have you tried them one inch higher? i used the rox risers on mine and moved them one inch forward and up, then set the rake of the bar the same as the forks. turned out nice, not too tall and keep the bars over the triple clamp. also made the steering not so edgy. i am about 5 9 and with this set up the bike works better for me in every aspect. i am only trailriding though 👍

KTM bend

808mm wide

95mm high

70mm rise

38mm sweep

According to them the Henry/Reeds(what i used to have) are....

805mm wide

93mm high

50mm rise

55mm sweep

Ride Engineering makes 10mm risers that bolt underneath the bar mounts.

Thanks man. I googled the site and it seems all they have are crf parts?? Am I missing something? Have a link? Thanks!