92 kx250 forks

Ive just changed the seals on my 92 kx250 kyb forks, but havent put the oil in yet.

All went well apart from a couple of things;

When i put the seals on the fork tube the lips of them pushed in on the tube so i had to fiddle with the seal to push the lips out.

Now im worried they wont seal properly as they were mis shaped for awhile till i sorted them out (this happened when i pushed the seals onto the tube, the metal lip pushed the seal lip inwards even when i used grease and cling film)

The other thing is the nut that goes ontop of the spring guide and spring collar.

The manual says the distance between the nut and the piston rod should be 18.5mm, but even before i tighten it the gap is more than that. Should i just nip it up and not worry about it, how tight should the spring guide and collar be held?

Thanks

The manual says the distance between the nut and the piston rod should be 18.5mm, but even before i tighten it the gap is more than that. Should i just nip it up and not worry about it, how tight should the spring guide and collar be held?

Thanks

it means, 18.5mm or more!

if you want to know why, take a look:

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=680904&highlight=

Thanks very much for that kawamaha ive now finished rebuilding the forks.

I unscrewed the rebound clickers all the way out and should have counted how many clicks it took, do you know roughly how many clicks i should be turning them back in? (I know it depends on how i want the shockers set up, but they will be way to soft screwed fully out)

Also in the Clymer manual it says the other screw next to the clicker that lets pressure out should be facing forward, does this really matter?

I swapped the forks tubes over by accident and now the fork graphics dont line up unless the screws are to the side rather than facing forward.

Thanks

I unscrewed the rebound clickers all the way out and should have counted how many clicks it took, do you know roughly how many clicks i should be turning them back in?

vice versa! turn them clockwise all the way in, then I would turn them 10clicks out. this should be a good point to start with...

Also in the Clymer manual it says the other screw next to the clicker that lets pressure out should be facing forward, does this really matter?

no! if you want to release the air sometimes, you should them locate in a position you will have access with the screwdriver...