Sign in to follow this  

New AJP PR5 250

The new AJP PR5 is finally available, with a retail price of 4.850€ in Portugal (inc. 20% VAT).

It is targeted to those who want an enduro bike cheap and easy to maintain.

How about some pics or more info? Probably no one has any idea what they are talking about. I only recognize AJP cause I have some of parts by the manufacture on my Gas Gas.

I don't know if they are the ones that make those components, but probably not because they are a very small company.

For photos and specs of the PR5, check out their website. It is in flash so it is not easy to get photos.

the motor on the 250 looks a lot like an XR250 motor

I read somewhere that it is a Honda engine but cannot confirm.

It is the Honda XR250 engine updated with electric start and fuel injection. With decent suspension and brakes, a great bike that doesn't require valves checked every 30 hours and keeps on ticking!

pr5_2.jpg

pr5_4.jpg

pr5_3.jpg

Does it have a kick start also?What is the weight?Be nice if they made a 400 at areasonable price and brought it here.They would probably sell a bunch.

It is the Honda XR250 engine updated with electric start and fuel injection. With decent suspension and brakes, a great bike that doesn't require valves checked every 30 hours and keeps on ticking!/QUOTE]

Tell us more. Is this a new model about to released ? I'd buy one.

It is the Honda XR250 engine updated with electric start and fuel injection. With decent suspension and brakes, a great bike that doesn't require valves checked every 30 hours and keeps on ticking!

pr5_2.jpg

pr5_4.jpg

pr5_3.jpg

Do you guys have these in NZ?

Any feedback on performance?

Would love to get one of these for my wife and daughter, but no US distributor.👍

The 250 has only just been released a few weeks ago, not much to say about the engine that most don't already know about except that it now has fuel injection.

The same style frame has been around a couple of years now with the 125/200 models and is a good package. Has good quality fitment and makes a damn good trail/Enduro bike.

Vroom

www.motoworks.co.nz

Honda had the ultimate trail bike engine next to the kdx an they blew it.I rather have reliability then an engine that needs rebuilding every 20 hours.

It's my understanding that this is a different company to the one that makes the brakes e.t.c. The engine is a Honda copy made in south east Asia.

this is the older version

http://admin.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikereviews/searchresults/Bike-Reviews/AJP/AJP-PR4-Enduro-2003-current/AJP/PR4-ENDURO/_/R-EPI-191

http://www.carolenash.com/insidebikes/bike-reviews/ajp/pr4-200-2006/

PR5 http://www.ajpmotos.com/en/products/ajp_pr5_enduro.html

Personally i think they are pretty poor bikes (my mate had one)

The engine chamber66 is referring to is the 200cc engine and not the 250! All the reviews I have ever seen on the 200 have been great but then every one is entitled to their opinion.

Personally I think the 200 is a sweet bike but if you're expecting to thrash it you have to remember it is not a race bike and is a 200cc air cooled engine. Put it next to a XR200 for comparison and it makes the XR look, feel and perform like an old age pensioner.