Kx 100

I am thinking of buying a 1997 KX100 (2 Stroker). Is there anything I should check for or ask the seller about?

Here it is: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KAWASAKI-KX100-KX100_W0QQitemZ260581667537QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycles?hash=item3cabe0b2d1

Also, is there anyway of improving the looks of it? I am thinking of some new graphics (Any ideas?), A new seat or seat cover as the one on the bike looks very square.

Is it possible to change the plastics as I'm not too keen on the side panels (radiator cover)? Would it be possible to fit new plastics say from the 2000 model onwards?

They want top dollar for it, i would take my time and check craigslist out

I have looked at craiglist and it looks very unprofessional. I have been waiting about a month now for a decent KX100 to turn up on any website!

I have looked at craiglist and it looks very unprofessional. I have been waiting about a month now for a decent KX100 to turn up on any website!

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคฃ:lol:

very unprofessional? thats just the start of it, i hate CL.

some one a while back had put an newer style tank with shrouds on both side of the bike. i cant find that thread/article, not even sure if it was on TT. but i just ordered a tank from a 2001 that im going to make fit on my 95. ill post up how, when i do it.

๐Ÿคฃ:lol:๐Ÿ™‚

very unprofessional? thats just the start of it, i hate CL.

some one a while back had put an newer style tank with shrouds on both side of the bike. i cant find that thread/article, not even sure if it was on TT. but i just ordered a tank from a 2001 that im going to make fit on my 95. ill post up how, when i do it.

Let me know how you get on! The 2001 tank looks a lot better then the 90's tank in my opinion!๐Ÿ‘

I just found this:

http://www.gumtree.com/london/82/56537982.html

It shows that you can obviously put 2009 Plastics on a 1999 model!๐Ÿ‘

I only just noticed that!๐Ÿ‘

Damn, I thought they had two radiator covers. Is it still possible to fit later plastics onto it (including both rad covers)?

i will find out soon enough! some one has done it before, just require that you make some brackets for the lower shroud bolt, the frame never really changed so the new tanks still drop right in... from what i understand

i will find out soon enough! some one has done it before, just require that you make some brackets for the lower shroud bolt, the frame never really changed so the new tanks still drop right in... from what i understand

I have just found the guy who put new style plastics on his 1997 KX 100: https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8992904&highlight=#post8992904 (Post 1135)

It has some quite close up images so you might be able to to see his brackets.

I have sent him a PM but I don't know if he will get back to me as he hasn't been online for over a month.

If you make some brackets could you please put some pictures on and possibly the specs!๐Ÿ‘

I have just found the guy who put new style plastics on his 1997 KX 100: https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8992904&highlight=#post8992904 (Post 1135)

It has some quite close up images so you might be able to to see his brackets.

I have sent him a PM but I don't know if he will get back to me as he hasn't been online for over a month.

If you make some brackets could you please put some pictures on and possibly the specs!๐Ÿ‘

sure, id even be willing to make a couple sets if there is any interest. i will probably machine them on my mill

sure, id even be willing to make a couple sets if there is any interest. i will probably machine them on my mill

Well if you could make them and send them to the UK (Let me know the postage price first please), I would be very willing to pay you for the work, material and postage as long as it doesn't come too to much!๐Ÿ‘

Let me know what you think