Sign in to follow this  

How would you feel? (Venting)

Ok so I posted earlier on the thread "is an 85 enough" about how i ride a yz125 time to get a newer bike what should I do. Bf and I finally decided and what I want is a crf150 r. Went to the dealer, (by myself) sat on it, talked to the guys. They were really knowledage and we totally right about how if you ar smaller which I am 5 1 and 104 pounds you shouldnt; move up until skill wise you are ready. So make a long story short...i want a crf150 r. Two days later after I decide this, our buddies gf gets a crf150r. so pissed. She is new to riding never ridin a bike and f****goes out and gets the one I want. Just venting, but super pissed cuz i wanted it first. maybe a littel bit of jealoousy in there too. But still, how would you girls feel?

Er, I'm really really sorry but just how old are you??? Grow up. If she's your friend be happy for her and be glad you now have a girl riding buddy!

Don't let the little green monster of envy and jealousy (yeah, it's not a little bit but a LOT) ruin something that could be totally cool for you!

Er, I'm really really sorry but just how old are you??? Grow up. If she's your friend be happy for her and be glad you now have a girl riding buddy!

Don't let the little green monster of envy and jealousy (yeah, it's not a little bit but a LOT) ruin something that could be totally cool for you!

What she said. :thumbsup:

Glad you figured out what you want! :thumbsup::applause:

I know that sometimes its hard to be happy for others when you are miserable...or when you REALLY REALLY want something and someone who has no experience or is just kind of a jerk comes along and gets everything you want....:lol::) Everyone has those moments...

But the best thing is to suck it up and let that jealousy pass. Better things come to those who wait. And like what was said before...at least now you have a riding buddy! :jawdrop:

This too, shall pass...

When you get one, you could start customizing your bike and making it obviously different (and more bada$$) than hers. Also, your feelings of aggravation might change to sympathy once you see how much she struggles to learn the things that you have already mastered and you can be the cool person that offers her own wisdom. You could get a new friend with a common interest out of the experience or get to be better friends then you already are. :thumbsup:

Yeah, you're not in high school any more. You'll find as an adult with a busy lifestyle (work/family), good friendships are harder to come by (who has time?). Take this opportunity to cultivate a friend and riding buddy. Female riding buddies are even harder to come by than friends. Cherish it. I have a great core group of friends who ride that I have found over the last couple of years. They are GREAT! Some have better/newer bikes, some have less $ and covet the nicer/newer/better bikes. But we all get along, and don't let that stand in the way of friendship, and don't let it stop us from being great friends. Until I found them, I was the only gal riding with a bunch of guys, and let me tell you, the fun factor was WAY lower.

Have fun with the girl and if she is struggling offer to switch bikes with her, this way she can learn and you can test out the real thing and see if you really love it, plus you will be cultivating a riding buddy which is really hard to come by. I still haven't found one. Every weekend is a different buddy and sometimes nobody wants to go at all so I am stuck going solo or hanging at the trailhead trying to find somebody that will let me tag along and having to understate my abilities so that they will let me stay with them.

And it's especially fun to have another gal riding who is on the same bike you have, there will be all kinds of things to compare and talk about.

If you two can trade bikes now that would be great - see how you like it in the real world, not the showroom, before you buy it.

riss there are other 150Rs out there, and maybe you can find a better deal on one now. before i got my ktm we were bidding on a 2006 125SX on ebay. i cried when we didnt win the auction lol! it ended out working out alot better in the end...i got a brand new ktm...it just wasnt meant to be! and u know you are welcome to ride my ktm whenever you want :thumbsup: