Sign in to follow this  

Washington do not speed this weekend on your way to Odessa!!!!

cracks me up when they hide behind the Safety card when everybody knows its just to generate revenue for self preservation because their union told them to vote liberal and then she pissed all their money away.

I'll never speed the day cops stop speeding past me even though they are just doing their normal route. Had a WSP pass me on 405 in bothell one night going 80, no lights and no emergency anywhere in the distance. When did it become okay for them?

I'll never speed the day cops stop speeding past me even though they are just doing their normal route. Had a WSP pass me on 405 in bothell one night going 80, no lights and no emergency anywhere in the distance. When did it become okay for them?

Maybe a call, but code green?

that's what I keep telling myself, they must have a reason. Perhaps someday they will look at me go buy and say "there must be a reason" ofcourse when you have a motorcycle in the bed of the truck they know your reason, your ready to ride, so I try to hold out and save the speed for the woods, or open desert. Luckily no speeding violations on trails.

cracks me up when they hide behind the Safety card when everybody knows its just to generate revenue for self preservation because their union told them to vote liberal and then she pissed all their money away.

You are exactly right. Although it does something different than crack me up.👍

Maybe a call, but code green?

I was on 405 south from Canyon Park one day on my Bike in the carpool lane, when a SnoHo Sherrif came flying up on me with lights on. I thought it was odd that he was lighted up headed into King County. After he blew by me I started keeping pace with him back aways and he was doing 90. He then gets all the way over at the 85th street exit and kills the lights as he gets off the ramp. I was going to Redmond so got off as well and saw him pull into the Starbucks drive thru on 85th. 👍

That has got to be the most convuluted logic? I have ever heard! I also think that this "SPEED KILLS" message is pure BS. On any given day at any given time 99% of drivers are speeding ( me included and probably passing you). How many of us have ever seen a wreck? But to say that the cops are writing tickets to support a union or generate funds to be pissed away is ridiculous.

Speaking of hauling bikes to Odessa...

My buddy got pulled over for doing 70 on I-90 through Ellensburg... He was towing a 3-rail trailer with his Ranger and the cop said that cars with trailers had to go the truck speed limit. Anybody ever hear about that?

If it was ALL about revenue than they wouldn't have went to the media with it either. That would be self defeating to warn everyone if your goal is to catch them 👍 Of course you could have sign at every turn and catching speeders would still be like shooting fish in a barrel.

If it was ALL about revenue than they wouldn't have went to the media with it either.

In a rational world that would make sense. 👍

From what I understand about this effort is the media dollars come from our federal taxes and the state/county/local jurisdictions keep the ticket coin.

My buddy got pulled over for doing 70 on I-90 through Ellensburg... He was towing a 3-rail trailer with his Ranger and the cop said that cars with trailers had to go the truck speed limit. Anybody ever hear about that?

That's correct.

uhhhh.....on a lighter note, i think Brett and I were the FIRST to be pulled over in Odessa after we "strayed " off the designated route early thursday:smirk:👍🤣 officer friendly was plenty mad but just checked our licenses and let us go as long as we pushed our bikes the 2 blocks back onto the specific route. we didnt mean to do it, just that the "route" arrows were useless in the 50+ mph winds out there thursday:bonk:

joe

That's ridiculous, and shows your total lack of law enforcement knowledge. It's incorrect on several levels.

1-the overwhelming majority of law enforcment officers are not only conservative, but strongly so. Do you think that law enforcment (and our unions) would want a liberal in any office? They believe in reduced prison/jail sentences, softer laws, and the notion that we can "fix" criminals. Besides those ideas being utter bull&^%, they are the polar opposite of law enforcment interests. Those ideals are what allows pieces of garbage like Maurice Clemmons to wander free and hurt/kill more people. We could learn a lot from Texas and Arizona...

2-The unions don't tell L.E. how to vote.

3-The WSP has been screwed by Queen Christine time and time again. I doubt many WSP employees voted for her.

4-Some or most of the ticket revenue goes places other than the issuing agency. The remainder is kept in the county or municipaility. And that's if someone pays the ticket. If they fight it, the issuing agency can lose money. I cannot speak for how much the WSP sees, as a portion of all infraction money goes to the state. However, I believe that the money does not go into a law enforcment specific budget. If I recall it goes to highway funds or something.

I will submit that politicians often attempt to pressure law enforcment into issuing more infractions when they believe (mistakenly) that they can reap the $$$. Most law enforcment officers do not respond to this type of pressure (and many will actually go the other way and write less tickets).

I get so tired of the anti police sentiment. Here's a novel idea-DON'T BREAK THE LAW, AND YOU WON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT BEING BUSTED! WHAT A CONCEPT!👍

yup that's truth. It was kind of funny sitting on that tid bit of information when I was going to the white knuckle getting passed by 25-30 foot fifth wheels when i was going to the white knuckle. Yeah i know you got the power pull it that fast, but can you stop it? we almost took someone out towing our boat (combined weight 14000#'s) at 35 mph because some cut us off and stopped early at the light. locked up 6 of the 8 total wheels (rear antilocks kept those from locking up) and we almost hit that guy about 2 feet was the difference between us and that car and that was leaving plenty of room too. What if we were going 38? 40? 45? that's 3 mph, 5 or 10 mph over the speed limit. could have plastered the crap out of that car. i am guilty of speeding from time to time but when you got some weight behind you, you have got to respect it.

I'm sure no one here has had a friend or loved one injured or killed due to excessive speed ( theirs or someone elses)....RIGHT?

Not only are vehicles pulling a trailer supposed to obey the truck speed limit, it is illegal to drive in the "fast" lane if the road has more than 2 lanes of travel in the same direction. This law does not include the HOV lane since it is not considered a general purpose lane. However, the HOV lane has a limit of 10,000 GVW. Oregon wisely allows trailers in the fast lane as long as they are passing. In Washington, you are stuck with either following the semis in the second lane or also illegally passing them on the right watching out for traffic entering the freeway on the on ramps. We need to work on this.

Not only are vehicles pulling a trailer supposed to obey the truck speed limit, it is illegal to drive in the "fast" lane if the road has more than 2 lanes of travel in the same direction. This law does not include the HOV lane since it is not considered a general purpose lane. However, the HOV lane has a limit of 10,000 GVW. Oregon wisely allows trailers in the fast lane as long as they are passing. In Washington, you are stuck with either following the semis in the second lane or also illegally passing them on the right watching out for traffic entering the freeway on the on ramps. We need to work on this.

I thought you could pass in the fast lane in washington? I have seen semi's do it all the time on I-90.