Dr250 18" rear on Dr650

i have searched and read about the Dr350 rear wheel(cush/noncush) being fitted to the DR650 and the fact the rotor needs to be installed backwards coz of the bolts , but what i cant find is anyone who fitted the DR250 rear wheel to the DR650 , from what i understand the 250/350 rear wheel is the same, but im not 100 % sure and dont want to waste money if it fails.

has any one fitted a DR250 rear wheel, did it come in cush drive and what year was it ?

does the DR250 rear wheel use the same rotor and spacers as the DR350 ?

i have read the 1990/97 dr350 rear will work , but im unsure about the DR250

any help is much appreciated

thanks mate , ill have a look and see if i can find a cush drive part number and if its differant(aka models)
The part number I posted was for a cush drive wheel.

Look at part #20

The part # for the nun cush drive is 64111-14D01

The S models had cush drive, the off road models didn't ?

usa bikes--dr250 90 to 95? don't know when they stopped making them.

DR350 90-99

cush hubs use a different sprocket than non cush

cush same bolt pattern as dr650 96-up in 520 chain (can use dr650 525 sprocket)

non cush uses a RM/DRZ400 sprocket in 520 chain (you could use your 535 chain on 520 rear sprocket--has same pitch)

you can also use the smaller 250/350 rear disc with the 250/350 caliper holder. dr650 caliper will fit.

hope this helps:ride:

usa bikes--dr250 90 to 95? don't know when they stopped making them.

DR350 90-99

cush hubs use a different sprocket than non cush

cush same bolt pattern as dr650 96-up in 520 chain (can use dr650 525 sprocket)

non cush uses a RM/DRZ400 sprocket in 520 chain (you could use your 535 chain on 520 rear sprocket--has same pitch)

you can also use the smaller 250/350 rear disc with the 250/350 caliper holder. dr650 caliper will fit.

OK, if I uderstand this correctly I can take the set of '92 DR350s wheels I've got sitting in the shop and they'll bolt right up to my DR650? All I gotta do is swap out the sprocket and rotor? I wish I had found this a couple of hours ago. After scouring the net for months for a set of wheels for street tires, this'll be all I can think about all day tomorrow at work. I can't wait to get home.?

Kinda ironic after all that searching to find what I've been looking for right here at home all along:banghead:?

Kinda ironic after all that searching to find what I've been looking for right here at home all along:banghead:?

oh mate thats gotta suck hairy goat balls for sure

im still searching here in OZ

• 7 years later...

Ron Ayers has changed their website around a bit so the previous links posted here for the Reverse Part Number Lookup don't work.

The way to access this function now is to follow the link below (in this example for a Suzuki), type/paste in your part number and after you search for it, click the "Where Used" link next to the part number.

http://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/partsearch/suzuki