Sign in to follow this  

OK Im sick of this bike! Oiling problem is still there.

Ok just got the new correct base gasket . All the oil passages are clean. Blew them out with air. Now I have to rev the bike to get oil flow at the bottom check screw. Whats next? An oil pump? Thats all I can think of.

AARRGGG! Man that SUCKS!

I wish I had another suggestion for you. I was sure that the oil jet was the problem when I saw those pictures.

ok using my limited knowledge on this a bad oil pump might make since since it does pump the oil and if not working right you would have poor oil presser . which is kind of what you have.

If the oil pipes and o-rings are good then its oil pump time I would say.

oil pump is next.

you have cleaned the frame screen yes?

Yes cleaned it a while back. Oil pump is coming.

EDIT: How do I get those pesky oil pump screws out?

Edited by BONESTOCK

I replaced mine a couple of years back. I used a hand impact wrench with a #3 phillips tip. I believe they have locktite on them. I reinstalled with blue locktite. Not bad to change and not too costly.

I replaced mine a couple of years back. I used a hand impact wrench with a #3 phillips tip. I believe they have locktite on them. I reinstalled with blue locktite. Not bad to change and not too costly.

Ok I will have to take it to the hobby shop. I just have a small dewalt drill that doesnt have impact options.

Sears sells "Impact Drivers" for about $25. They are easy to use and come with the phillips bits. Dont know what you have available locally, but a good auto part or tool store should sell them. So does Home Depot.

OK I did a search, and most of what came up was the electric drill type impact/drivers. What I am talking about using is something like this, where you use a hammer to strike the tool for the power. Wikipedia also had a good description. Sorry, I dont know how to make this a link. Good luck. www.dansmc.com/impactdriver.htm - Cached

• Like 1

I dont know how I have been wrenching for 13 years and didnt know how to use these. Learn something new everyday. Thanks!

This hand tool is used to unscrew bolts that may have become rusted into place. One end has a 3/8th inch socket stub over which you fit with the appropriate socket head. You place this over the bolt and then use a hammer/mallet to hit the other end of the cylindrical tool while applying a slight twisting force on the the body of the impact wrench. The perpendicular motion of the hammer is translated (via a system of springs and prawls) into a sudden twisting motion at the head of the troublesome bolt. Since static friction decreases so much when the force is applied over a very short duration ---like the time it takes a hammer to smack the end of the impact wrench -- bolts that would otherwise require so much force that they might snap off can be easily removed. Very cool tool. Other tool makers make things very similar, but in my experience, the Snap-on version works best.

impact_wrench.jpgbits.jpg

This and my inch/pounds torque wrench are the the two BEST things I have bought for the Z! 👍

I bought a Craftsman impact driver like the one pictured above soon after buying my bike and it works really well. $24.99 at Sears.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00947641000P?keyword=impact+driver

This is the first time I've seen somthing being chaper i Norway than other places.

Bought mine for $12 , and it works like a charm.

As said above , this together with my torque wrench(a bit more pricy) is the best tools I've ever bought..

12-847_l.jpg

if you have a nice set of screw drivers find the one that fits best. then tap the back of the driver with a hammer while trying to break the screw free. this method works wonders on tough screws. of course this is only improvising for the correct tool pictured in the posts above.

Sometimes if I know if the screw has locktite, I heat the head of the screw with a soldier iron before removel.

OO! What a great idea! I doubt it would work very well on a large bolt but it has definite possibilities for small screws. Thanks!

Bonestock, you mentioned hobby shop. Check with the guy at the tool crib for an impact wrench. Lean into the fastener and give the impact wrench a little turn towards loose before striking with a hammer. This is so the tip doesn't strip out the screw. Japanese bolts are made from hardened miso.