Sign in to follow this  

springs for my weight! what to buy!? re valve?

ok i have a friend that's going to do my suspension for me, i just need to order the parts, i weigh about 220 street cloths, running stock suspension,on a 08 kx450f, i need to know what springs i need for my weight i don't know the 1st thing about messing with this stuff so can someone plz hook me up with a link to show me what springs i need and where i can order them from that would be great! thanks so much for ur help! oh and do i need to get a re valve to? or would just spring be good, iam a solid c racer def will be moving up and i don't really have the money for re valve so springs the way to go? thanks.

mx tech.com recommends

.48kg/mm Fork springs

5.7kg/mm Shock spring

Stock fork springs are .47 which should be fine, but the rear stock is 5.4kg/mm, so I would start with getting the 5.7 shock spring.

I don't trust the online calculators... do yourself a favor and call a reliable suspension shop.

I made the mistake of trusting the calc, and I am buying stiffer fork springs now because the calculator reccomended to soft of springs. So its costing me $300 instead of $200. Use the calculator, but call a shop to verify the correct rates before you end up buying the wrong springs.

I would call someone and ask what they recommended. From talking to the shop and reading posts, their are different spring rates for what you ride(terrain wise). I ride desert stuff.

precision concepts resprung and revalved my 06 wr450..im loveing what they hooked me up with..getten faster everytime i ride

fork set up..... .48

shock....... 5.8

im also 220 in street cloths

cool thanks everyone for the help ill have to look around and try and find someone to call who knows what there talking abt to find out the rates but yeah i def need stiffer springs bike just feels like it doesn't wanna go where iam trying to make it, front end feels like it pushes the corners it sucks and yeah ive bottomed it out alot so far to, and ive blown both front fork seals... lame... will stiffer springs help from blowing seals?

oh and another thing is there anyway i can make my bike taller? iam 6'6 and it sucks being a tall rider... i know i need low mount footpegs but is there anything else that will help while still keeping a low center of gravity?

Get some taller bars and see if you can find some taller bar mounts. Im not sure what you can get for a kawi, maybe a rg3 top clamp with a forward and up bar mount, them clamps are freakin sexy. Im 6'4 and I got the kx high countour bars and im thinking about those clamps too, 5mm taller sounds nice, but the forward actually helps more than up if you ask me, more arm room and it brings you more towards the center of the bike(taller guys tend to be further back on the bike to be comfy)

I've found MX Tech spring calculator pretty accurate, or call Cannon RaceCraft, those guys are the bees knees.

low boy pegs, unless your riding in tons of ruts. tall seat and then the handle bar mods work really well. I also have Leg Pegs on my bike. Since I'm 6'8" i have a hard time gripping with my legs, cause my knees are way over the seat, even with a tall seat, the leg pegs help me grip with my boots and lock me in.

Alright! thanks a ton guys i def gonna get some taller bars and mounts yeah it would benice to actually feel comfy on my bike, now its just a matter of coming up with the money... lol, thanks a TON for all the help