How's my turning technique?

Smooth is what MotoX is referring to. You seem wobbly mid turn, where you should be already on the gas to keep your arc smooth.

My best advice is to lift your leg up higher and try to touch that front fender with your arch. Don't balance with the leg and get it AWAY from the ground. "UP" and not "OUT".

I think you could carry alot more speed into those turns being that they are bermed pretty good. It will limit your wobble because you'll be going too fast to really do anything but hit the corner perfectly. Try a little more speed and leaning hard into the berms. I will purposly slide into the berm to shed speed and force out a smooth turn. -BIG DAN:thumbsup:

You're making too many turns in those turns. Think about it.

not bad.

try holding smooth acceleration from the apex out. keep rolling on the throttle. it sounds like you're 'blipping' it on/off. like stated above, lean into it. its got a good berm so stay with the bike and lean!

Put a little more confidence in the bike. You are trying to do too much yourself, which makes u and the bike wobble. Lay the bike down a little in the corners and apply your weight to the outside foot peg. The bike will fallow the berm if you and the bike are in the correct positions. Also keep your inside leg closer to the bike. Just keep practicing and you will be ripping in no time!

Looks to me like you have ridden that track a million times and are just going as fast as you can cos you know the track so well. If you looking at riding motocross, slowing down and working on correct technique will help so much more in the future. A couple of quick points I picked up, you definitely need to have your elbows up, weight the outside footpeg as well as sitting on the outside of the seat more in the flatter turns. To answer your other question, your size will suit a YZ450 to the ground, a lack of ride experience, may not. These things make big horsepower and while they are tuneable to the point where they are very tame for a 450, they are still a 450 and in my opinion not the bike to take your riding to the next level. Have you considered a 250f or even 250 2 stroke. You would probably learn more and and build you confidence much faster on one of these machines.

Your body position needs work. Your back is way to straight. You should be standing up on balls of feet entering those turns. I don't even think you really need to sit down in those. Maybe a a little bit. I'll watch video again. But I really notice you just look like you are sitting down on your bike and putsing around the pits. Lean forward a bit more get your elbows up and keep your legs against your bike. even when you put a foot out you should be squeezing your leg against your tank for support.

I think you can go a lot faster in that section.

just watched it again. You just don't look comfortable to me and look afraid to lean the bike over. You can lean more. Should bbe able to stay at a constant throttle at a fast pace through those sections. You also seem to square the turn in the middle rather then do a big swooping and smooth motion.

• 1 month later...

It would do you a lot of good to do circle drills as seen in Gary videos. You need to get use to the bike leaning over. Pick you foot up or it will one day pull you off the bike. Yes, we are using your leg to balance which is a bad habit. ? Break it now...

Edited by onlybrad
add