Sign in to follow this  

white smoke

hi guys im new here. i just got my first 125cc pit bike used. it seems to run great and solid. I just changed the oil and put a new spark plug in. now it seems to blow white smoke when idling. did i maybe but too much oil in? i think i used about a quart. is that too much? and also its bogging in 4th gear alot, what can this be?

hi guys im new here. i just got my first 125cc pit bike used. it seems to run great and solid. I just changed the oil and put a new spark plug in. now it seems to blow white smoke when idling. did i maybe but too much oil in? i think i used about a quart. is that too much? and also its bogging in 4th gear alot, what can this be?

Did It Bog & Smoke Prior To The Oil Change & Spark Plug Change???

no it did not smoke prior to oil change, tell you the truth i never opened up in 4th before changing the oil because i wanted fresh oil

no it did not smoke prior to oil change, tell you the truth i never opened up in 4th before changing the oil because i wanted fresh oil

Usually 1 qt. is ok, check dipstick for proper level. are Filters Clean? Air & Fuel? If Bike Sat carb. could be gummy or fuel stale? check oil level , fuel it up & ride it around , may clear itself.

anyways thanks for your advice i did re fuel it up and i will ride it a bit more and see if it clears out, any suggestions on how to clean the carb?

After Your sure filter is clear & flowing well. using carb cleaner to blow out jets & passages.sometimes if slightly gummy fresh gas & a good runnung can help. Making sure there arent any blockages. Does It Bog & Pickup Or Does It Get Weaker The More You Try To Push it? Could Be leaning Out under a load? Just Some Ideas. Let Me Know How ya make out.

cool thanks, it does not bog at all really until i try to push it more, when high speed in 4th it seems like the longer its full throttle it slows down more.

Going Lean , May Just Need A Good Running Or Possible Cleaning Or upping main jet if no relief is found.