Sign in to follow this  

Sargent Seat?

Those that have a Sargent seat did you get it with or without the welting?

Does the welt affect comfort at all?

👍

mine has the welt no problem with it. Sargent seat is so much better than stock.

All the Sargent seats come with welting. The option is for standard black or optional $20 color. I went with color. The welt is out of the way and does not cause any problems. The seat is so much better than the stock one.

DRseat.jpg

Ditto what artguy said about the welt not interfering - comfort is great.

Also, I asked Sargent the same welt question you have when I placed my order. They do offer a special order w/o the welt, but the welt looks better.

I ordered one Tuesday and received it TWO days later. Got home yesterday and threw it on. Came with all rubbermounts and brackets so nothing to swap over from the stocker. I was concerned with the welt as well, but it is not noticeable. $325 delivered from sporttour.com. A storm came in yesterday so I only got to ride for 30 minutes but the difference was huge. Most noticeable was the flatness of the seat from front to back. It does not ramp up towards the rear like the stocker. I will report back to this thread once I get a long ride on it. Might be a couple weeks. The DR350 project is my priority now.

I ordered one Tuesday and received it TWO days later. Got home yesterday and threw it on. Came with all rubbermounts and brackets so nothing to swap over from the stocker. I was concerned with the welt as well, but it is not noticeable. $325 delivered from sporttour.com. A storm came in yesterday so I only got to ride for 30 minutes but the difference was huge. Most noticeable was the flatness of the seat from front to back. It does not ramp up towards the rear like the stocker. I will report back to this thread once I get a long ride on it. Might be a couple weeks. The DR350 project is my priority now.

Buying from sporttour.com can save me 45.00 over buying directly from Sargent. Are they factory seconds or identical to buying direct. Sargent does have a 30 day moneyback satisfaction guarantee

Perfectly good. Not seconds or anything. No options though. Carbon effects vinyl top with black welt. I have seen that you usually pay a bit more buying direct. They probably don't want to tick their stocking dealers off selling at the same price or less. It was $314.95 with $10 freight and it made it to me in VA in two days. A note in the packaging said that the carbon effects material scratched and scuffed easily. I will probably use the stocker for offroad adventures and the Sargent for road trips. The stocker never bothers me offroad because I don't sit still and stand so frequently. It may still have a satisfaction guarantee. The note about scuffing mentioned that scratches etc will affect refund and exchange values.

Thanks for all the info, I just went ahead and ordered the seat from Sporttour.com 👍

Those with the Sargent seat; is the standard height model the same height as stock or lower?

I will find another option if it is lower.

Those with the Sargent seat; is the standard height model the same height as stock or lower?

I will find another option if it is lower.

website says same height.